Has the mass exodus begun?

by kool aid man06 35 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Here in Los Angeles it a cycle of merging the english speaking halls due to congregations shrinking. The foreign language congregations make up for the loss. Eventually, that cycle will discontinue and there will be a true loss of growth.

I don't ever expect a mass exodus. Just a long slow death

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

and I just KNOW they are spinning the shrinking to "the love of the many is cooling off"

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Actually I heard that spin recently.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Only time will show if they have already begun to lose control to the point that they will start falling apart. As yet their way of controlling the JW masses seems to be effective in fact I was surprised that the generation change 13 years ago did not do it since it was so central to JW aspirations and ideals. The org lost its greatest enticement (the imminent paradise) without much damage.

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

When you consider the fact that the WTS has in the past changed things in the bound volumes and on the cd roms, whats to say they are not playing with the numbers when they talk about growth, etc. The Claw.

• journey-on
    journey-on
    whats to say they are not playing with the numbers when they talk about growth

I don't believe any of their numbers especially since they are now told to count even inactive ones!

And, I agree with Lady Lee. I'm sure they would spin any decrease as "the love of the many is cooling off".

They twist scriptures like pretzels and serve it to the rank and file with a giant gulp of Kool-Aid on the side!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

counting inactive one? is this documented?

• Dagney
    Dagney
    don't believe any of their numbers especially since they are now told to count even inactive ones!

Exactly! Just makes me giggle I'm still counted in the numbers, no need to contact me to encourage me.

Hence the "growth" in the numbers reported wherein most all of us here have seen an overall decline here in the US.

Side point: I went to my old hall a month ago. I have not been back in 6+ years. The hall was full that day, I only recognized about 30% of the people. Lots of move-ins in a beach area. I am curious to know others who have left, but I sure haven't heard of any.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Us apostates sound like a pathetic, desperate bunch when we keep talking about how all the figures simply must be fudged by the WTS.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    and I just KNOW they are spinning the shrinking to "the love of the many is cooling off"

I believe the "spin" used to be applied to all the false religions of Christendom. I guess it just depends on who is putting out the new truths...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit