I was "disinvited " to my younger brothers babies shower

by sosad 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• loosie
    loosie
    my mom asked me not to tell anyone as it would sound terrible to "other people".

"We are being rude but please don't tell anyone as it makes us look bad." I would tell everyone I could.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

i think if extreme things would happen to me I would use all the tricks in my sleeve

I would even get to the point of writing a nice sign, and holding it at the entrance to the place

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I'm very sorry I know how it hurts. It's crazy they would think doing something like that is out of love. It makes me angry and it's just wrong.
    My little sister had her first baby not that long ago. I was never sent pictures even though I'd asked her several times. Interestingly enough, she was fine accepting the baby gifts I'd mailed up to her. I still wouldn't know what my niece looks like, had someone they sent pictures and video clips to not forwarded them to me.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

In the words of one of my favorite Frasier characters...Bulldog. "THIS STINKS!"

I can feel for you. What I do when I am treated badly is to not go where I am not wanted. If told to Eff Off, I eff WAYYY off. They will fully understand their hurtful coments when they NEED you or your assistance one day and you remind them of how they told you to get lost. You could respond by saying, "Hey, I would eally like to help you but I am busy getting lost...." LOL

Check the funny video below. Right around the 2:30 mark it gets to my point.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RtxFgJLS8Co

Good luck.

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's plain old vindictive attitude they can't stand anyone that abandons or criticises their religion and they have this superiority complex that they are the best and only true religion on earth. It's cultic control at its best yet they were conditioned to believe that it is something biblical.

• yesidid
    yesidid

I'm so sorry you have had to endure this. I must say I would be tempted to do as boysone suggested:

Tell as many people as you reasonably can within the bounds of normal conversation. The more ordinary people know how ex witnesses

are treated, the more they're likely to be told to take a hike at the door.

• Moxie
    Moxie

Awwww, I'm so sorry for you. That's such an unjust and painful thing to go through.... I understand completely, because I have been told that I will not be allowed to attend my brother's wedding... There are really no words to describe the frustration and hurt you must be feeling. I hope it helps in some small way to know that there are many others who understand and deeply sympathise with you...

Keep smiling...

Moxie

• ozziepost
  • real one
    real one

This is inhumane! How can imperfect humans treat each other this way? Jesus attended social events with all kinds of people. What makes them better than Jesus?

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Yeah that's pretty poor. I've concluded that the only way to get them to behave maturely is to ensure that they know that non-witnesses know what's going on. They try to whitewash it but when it's plain in-your-face stuff like that, there's nothing they can do, so they have to make a big deal of how proud they are to belong to an organsation that upholds standards that way. Sometimes they can hear how crazy that sounds, and how very wrong they are about what people think of them. Not often enough.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit