What was your saddest day as a JW?

by jambon1 42 Replies latest jw friends

• jambon1
    jambon1

I had many days like this but I will never forget the time that a 'prominent elder' publicaly declared that he wants to see the worldly people die at Armaggeddon. "I hope that I can look out the window & watch it all happening". I went home and thought; 'WTF am I a part of here'? I really felt sad that a middle aged man had such horrible feelings toward his felow man.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

The morning I got Baptised...I was torn between something I didn't want to do OR having my Mum not speaking to me for a further period of time.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

The day I got dunked! I knew I didn't want to do it but I knew if I didn't, my dad might just follow through with his threat. I felt sick to my stomach before, during and after. It was not a happy day.

nj

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

Definitely the day I got baptized. I DID NOT want to do it. I was 15. I was literally sick to my stomach and knew I did not want to dedicate my life to this religion.

Here is a photo of that day. I am on the left, The other two girls were 14. We are waiting for our turn to be dunked. Such a sad Day in my opinion.

alt

• jambon1
    jambon1

God. So many unhappy, 'happiest day of your lives'. Awful.

• Casper
    Casper

When I realised the "Unity" that I had believed in with all my heart, not the teachings, but the "Unity" they said they had,

was in reality ... a "Joke".

Cas

• Nowman
    Nowman

The day I left the org, that I knew my parents would let me go because I did not want to serve Jehovah their way, thats why I was sad. I was not DFd yet, so I was still a JW. It should still count.

Nikki

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Everyday I was in that cult.

Quirky1

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Well I'm a little off but I was devastated by losing this big guy, I cried for months he never let me out of his sight. I had

him cremated I could not bare the thought of what they do with the carcases. I can not look at the urn, I have it put away still.

I have thought about cracking it open this year and sprinkling his ashes under his favorite tree.

hope4others

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

The meeting where I knew I wouldn't be there much more. Had to hold back the tears until I'd got out of the hall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit