What was your saddest day as a JW?

by jambon1 42 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

My wedding day was wonderful and yet some sadness in that I was not allowed to invite my mother (Who was DF at the time) or the man giving our talk would have backed out. In some sick way, I felt his approval was needed. His name was Craig Powers, and I heard he still lives in California some where. Beware! One of those power hungry elders, with a faults personality of thinking he cares.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Two days come to mind. The one day was when I realized what I was taught for 30+ years was a lie. I remember sitting in a chair in family room and just feeling numb.

The other day was more frightining than sad. I worked with a young poineer kid whose' step father was abusive and was an elder. There were clearly a lot of unresolved anger issues.

We would finish a door and as we walked away he would start talking about how at Armageddon he was going to come back a LAUGH at them as he watched them die. I remember how he kept repeating and emphasizing the word LAUGH. Scary.

This thread has some sad stories. I think we all need a group hug (((((())))))

• sacolton
    sacolton

My baptism. I had to do it in order to be "accepted" into my wife's family. Sad that I sold my soul to an organization.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

well I was thrilled to get baptized. I had such an overwhelming need to belong somewhere. I thought this would fix it for good.

For me the worst/saddest day was holding the hand of a sister who was dying with cancer. She chose to die at home. Her real sister and I held her hands as she took her last breaths.

I lived with constant depression. I had moments of doubt but quickly suppressed those. I felt exhausted and overwhelmed. Even scared. But nothing matched her death

• mind my own
    mind my own

Honestly, it was my entire childhood. I can't distinguish one day that was worse than the others. I was deeply, deeply depressed and scared of everything. My home was a war-zone and I lived in constant fear...

I am SOOO very relieved to have the life I do now and I am so thankful I got out when I did! I hadn't felt true happiness & joy like I do now the whole time I was a dub.

MMO

• mavie
    mavie

The day I was told to go out in service instead of caring for a suicidal wife.

• lesterd
    lesterd

The day I realized that the LOVE and DISCIPLINE I had endured all those years was really abuse.

Still sad to this day

• caliber
    caliber

I believe most of the posts here today could be summed up with two words ...... DISILLUSIONMENT.... DISAPPOINTMENT !

My saddest day was when I realized that a beloved (at that time) in -law and fellow witness was talking behind my back.

I think it's called being two-faced . I would have trusted him with my life ! From then on it was the domino's effect, nothing

about "the truth" was the truth, not even the people.I had always believed, that" you talk your talk and walk your walk"

Caliber

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

mavie

I was told the same - my time would be better spent out on service rather than supporting this family

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

When, at the Grand Boasting Session following the one I got baptized at, the "sisters" were set up to all reject me without giving me a chance. There were two "brothers" with me to further aggravate the situation, which I am positive the hounders and the hounder-hounder set up on purpose to set me up for the Value Destroyer Training School. And they had the nerve to ask me to guard the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund box in that section (if only I had some Scotch tape for the opening).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit