What was your saddest day as a JW?

by jambon1 42 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

The day I realised I couldn't carry on being a JW - I don't know if it was saddness or relief - I sobbed my heart out - told all my family how much I loved them but that I had to choose my life instead of a JW existance.

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

The day I was setting there in the Hall after my being DF'ed and my cute little daughter who only ten yeas old came and sat next to me, and a few min latter an elder came between me and her and said to her you can't" set by your father he is DF'ed go back and set with your mom, needless to say I stood up during the meeting and knocked this guy on his ass. I knew my ex-wife would keep going to the meetings with my daughter so I decided then to not go anymore and there-by avoid my daughter having to be subjected to that bullshit.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

There are a few days that come to mind... The day we brought a high school friend to the Thursday night meeting. Big Mistake. She was Catholic, and the talk was on bashing Catholics. Even though she was a teenager, she got up and left. I was so embarrassed. The day a fellow JW friend of mine died in a commercial airplane crash (Delta in Dallas). The KH did a big funeral, and hundreds on non-JW teenagers showed up. The girl was very pretty & popular in High School. Needless to say, the talk was an "info-mercial" to the crowd, and not a reflection of Kim's life or family. Plus, the info-mercial was pretty far out there...talking about not going to Heaven. No one converted as part of that infomercial. Skeeter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit