Your relationship with Jesus Christ

by real one 76 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• caliber
    caliber

I guess it's about living life to the best of your ability. It's like your marriage relationship but even more so ;

where you want to be all that you can be, respect, loving ,kind.Doing things because you want to, not feeling forced

by religious rules but because of your deep love & respect that you feel from the heart !

Jesus himself gives a recorded example for us.One Bible account tells of a man who says

" Lord if you just wanted to, you could heal me !" Jesus says " I WANT TO be healed "

Caliber (proud supporter of H_S Cuddly club )

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

It's one on one, equal and between him and I.

• carla
    carla

If you are looking for some serious biblical discussions you may want to check over at CARM or Beliefnet.com and look for the jw/Christian discussions.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

We are supposed to listen to his real message. And that is the message when all the mysticism from other religions is stripped away from it.

That real message is that people should think on their own, and to not try to usurp control of others' lives. Breaking free from that bicameral mentality is all-important, and only the initatory use of force, threat of force, and/or fraud is actually forbidden. The morality, when stripped of additions from our leaders and religions, is this:

Any volitional action that is good for one's self or society is morally good. Any volitional action that is bad for one's self or society is morally wrong. Nothing about sacrificing for some higher cause. Nothing about guilt for doing fornication or having material things. Nothing about feeling guilt for emotions that are not acted on.

That is the essence of Jesus' real teachings. Follow it instead of the religious leaders, and the Kingdom of God that Jesus spoke of will be in your heart, even if you are outwardly worshiping the Devil. (Note that Satan's message was almost exactly the same.)

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I had a good relationship with Jesus. He was my 8th grade boyfriend and was a really great kid. We had lots of fun at lunch and even went to the movies once. Then his family moved back to Puerto Rico and I never saw him again!

He was a great kisser too but his last name wasn't Christ.

nj

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Don't want one with that imaginative thingy....mine is with the Mother Goddess!

• real one
    real one

That of a humble follower of the Great Shepherd. I agree with this A mind is a terrible thing to waste To me we are suppose to be Christians. This word means follower of Christ. Witnesses to his works. As witnesses we are given the charge to go tell everyone about the gospel of Jesus Christ!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    To me we are suppose to be Christians. This word means follower of Christ. Witnesses to his works. As witnesses we are given the charge to go tell everyone about the gospel of Jesus Christ!

Saint Francis of Assisi:

“Preach the Gospel always."....

.......and if necessary use words.

alt

• Perry
    Perry
    One that is between you and him and no one elses bussiness....

A big Amen to that. Reminds me of a scene in John 21

Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do? 22 Jesus saith unto him, I f I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me.

Jesus is absolute ruler, he can do with each of us as he well pleases.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I like Jesus as a friend, but I won't let it go any further. Strictly platonic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit