4 the Faders. How did u get out leading the cong in prayer while fading?

by blkblk13 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• Pwned
    Pwned

my dad used to do the exact same thing to me, not to keep from fading, i think to encourage me though. i don't remember what i would say but it was pretty generic and i would rush through it

• Open mind
    Open mind

You said:

I always manage to come late enough to not have to read

Start showing up early enough to read. Usually the CBSO will spread around the "privileges" so that other guys will get stuck saying the prayer.

For advice on how to best read at the Book Study, here's a link:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/155385/1.ashx

If you fully apply the advice given in the above link, I doubt your conscience will bother you too much.

Best of luck to you on your fade.

OM

• White Dove
    White Dove

Why go at all? There are two other meetings in which to make an appearance. I would get scheduled to work that night.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Maybe each year squeeze another meeting out of your busy schedule til you are down to just the Sunday meeting. Your work is a good excuse to use. A lot of people use that excuse.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Best JC line EVER. My friend George was in his JC and they asked him "when did you last pray to jehovah" and I swear to jebus this is what he said "I''ve not prayed in years.... Oh wait!! I prayed at the meeting last week!"

hahahahahahaha

• Open mind
    Open mind

Good one mkr!

• blkblk13
    blkblk13
    Maybe each year squeeze another meeting out of your busy schedule til you are down to just the Sunday meeting. Your work is a good excuse to use. A lot of people use that excuse.

I''ve tried that but that just results in my parents stopping by my house more often checking up on me after the meetings since they only live like 5 minutes away. Since Im only 22 I'm trying to enjoy some of the "benefits" of a bachelor pad so I reeeaaally don't want my rents to stop by more often. Plus my Mom has a key and she's not afraid 2 use it. lol. I just wanna be a good little boy in their eyes and have my life on the side but avoid getting to involved in everything.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I usually didn't wear a tie! True story.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I did not have to pray often as I was fading. When I did, I just said something
    that didn't offend my own senses. I never said "Jehovah" and didn't say
    "thank you for the FDS/GB/theocratic arrangement." I kept them short.

I often said something similar to the Lord's Prayer.

Our Father in Heaven,
    We pray that the truth of your Kingdom be revealed to us.
    We hope that your will for each of us is revealed through personal
    study. We hope to keep growing in knowledge of what truth really is.
    Power and strength to all serious seekers of spiritual truth through
    spirit.

Our prayer through Jesus Christ, AMEN.

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

Stop turning in time and the problem will resolve itself.

Losing privileges was great... it had the side effect of making me less missed at meetings. :-) And let me tell you this right now... nothing facilitates a fade like a well-timed move to another congregation. Especially if you still want to associate with any of the people from the first congregation. They never see you at meetings or out in service because you're not in their hall. Works great.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit