4 the Faders. How did u get out leading the cong in prayer while fading?

by blkblk13 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

Remember, this is going to be moot after Sunday.

• blkblk13
    blkblk13

I hope so. lol.

• blondie
    blondie

I would just say that I didn't feel qualified to pray right then. I knew a brother who did that. The problem in book studies is that usually the conductor was lucky to have one baptized male there who could read the paragraphs, etc., and take some of the pressure off of him. I have see the conductor have to give both prayers and conduct because the only 2 baptized male jws were on restrictions or not authorized to pray for some reason.

The problem is that the one selected usually finds out 2 minutes before the prayer has to be given. Then just show up a few minutes into the song and say you have to leave early.

Blondie (had to read quite a bit, but no prayer)

I have seen a conductor try to select a non-baptized male to give the prayer.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Instead of ending the prayer "In Jesus' name", end it with "In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit".

Burn

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

You can't lead the congregation in prayer if you aren't at the boasting session. Frequently, I just blew them off. Plus, I minimized that problem for field circus by not being there, either.

• logic&reason
    logic&reason

I have tried several things... but nothing seems to work. I refuse to wear a suit coat anymore. That prevents prayer at the hall, but the book study is a different animal. I tried not buttoning the top button of my shirt, and leaving my tie loose. They still get me to read and say prayers. I "forget" to shave sometimes... they still ask.

It's odd, because when I was younger, and wanted to do more in the hall, every little detail was scrutinized. I was reamed out by an elder once because I wore a sport coat (and not a suit) on a night when I was giving a talk.

• startingover
    startingover

I too had a prominent in the organization father, and not wanting to be in his shadow, I made sure I was never in his congregation much less his book study. If you were in another book study I would say they wouldn't be calling on you if you always got there late, etc.

• blkblk13
    blkblk13
    I was reamed out by an elder once because I wore a sport coat (and not a suit) on a night when I was giving a talk.

Wow, that elder would HATE our congo. lol. nothing but blazers and horribly not matching pants except 4 onstage on Sundays.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I grew a goatee and they wouldn't allow me any priveledges.

Quirky1

• oompa
    oompa

"Dearba Jehoba, tank you soooo much forba disba nicba hallba. Pleese helba me and da yongins to stopa masturbabatin alba da timeba."

oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit