What is the best way to help BurnTheShips...

by nvrgnbk 137 Replies latest jw friends

• dawg
    dawg

You're wasting time 5go... they're idiots and their posts prove it.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

They arent idiots. They just have a different idea than you about a particular topic.

kinda like how my old man was. If you didnt agree with him, you were stupid or somehow against him. not cool.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I thought some quotes by Burns may be in order.. he's started several threads where he attacks non-believers and makes particularity dogmatic statements about God such as these doosies.

"God gave us a big playground"

"A rather ridiculous exaggeration. God made the body, it is therefore sacred. We will be joined with our bodies again in the glorious future".

"All the deniers here will be long rotting in their graves and the world will continue turn on the name of Jesus of Nazareth".

"God has a human face. When He heals the sick it is with human hands. When he speaks Truth it is with a human voice. When he suffers for good it is human blood that is shed".

It's statements like these that make my point for me. These aren't intellectual statements, nor are they smart. You can make them all you want but it makes you look like a complete idiot. Flat our Burns and anyone else, if you think like this you're an idiot. I have no problem saying this because I've read several posts while looking this up where Burns calls others names.

Read this Burns and defend it if you can... or will you simply resort back to the old you just don't understand where I'm coming from refrain.

Here's the facts, Burns believes in Christ... He thinks he has the answer as the above quotes prove... and thinking you know the answer to the question of God makes you an idiot. His own words condemn him!

You mine my comment history and you don't understand what I mean . I don't have all the answers and I don't need to. Every statement above is essentially humanistic as well as theistic. Matter is not profane, our bodies are temples, the human person is sacred , our consciousness continues and what we do echoes in eternity. God's work (and command) is to quell the the suffering of others. So we are acting as God when we do so.

Why don't you understand what I mean? You hate and fear. You betray blind prejudice on this thread Dawg. That is why you don't understand. You don't want to.

And yes, kick against the goads, Dawg. You will be long gone and your memory forgotten, and Jesus will still be Lord. I hope you come to your senses.

Burn

• 5go
    5go
    You're wasting time 5go... they're idiots and their posts prove it.

You forget dawg I was one of them arguing the same stuipid arguments at one time. I know what sets them off. The TRUTH about their PROOF.

• middleman
    middleman

I would love to see Dawg's truth on what he believes.

• middleman
    middleman

5G0 wrote "Any proof to that claim?"

I don't need any proof, the effects of his power and the miracles Jesus has done is enough proof for me.....now release the arrows.

• middleman
    middleman

Are you looking for the forest, but can't see it cause the trees are in the way?

• journey-on
    journey-on

Let me present this as best I can without an argumentative attitude.

You can believe the way you wish. You don't see, hear, feel, nor speak to God. Therefore, you don't understand what Burn and others know. You don't have a relationship because, just like friendship, you haven't nurtured it nor acknowledged it. You have, more or less, "given it the hand."

When you have a close friend, you share things openly and sometimes this friendship, expecially when it has been nurtured over a long period of time, transcends friendship and becomes something else. You can almost read each other's minds...you know when he's feeling blue...you sense when something is bothering him...You know him so well, that you can tell just by looking at his face or hearing the little change in his voice that something is on his mind.

When you have this kind of relationship with God, then you are able to "see" and "hear" what someone else who hasn't invested such time and energy into cannot. It is as frustrating to those that believe in God and "know" this relationship to hear the denials and ridicule as it is for the unbelievers to listen to our explanations.

You are right in that no one person can understand what or who God is. Each one visualizes God in his own personal image. I envision God as the Pure Consciousness of the Universe. I think God is "speaking" to mankind all the time from this Universal Consciousness manifested throughout Creation to your own personal consciousness. You just have to have eyes that see and ears that hear. My PERSONAL EXPERIENCES that are mine alone convince me of this Truth. I don't have to convince you. It doesn't work that way.

Mankind has free will to create his world, to make his mistakes, to suffer pain, agony, and even physical death. This free will was a gift from the creator. But, He left intact the means to experience his love and the means to communicate with Him while we go through this life with all its beauty and ugliness, joy and suffering.

If you don't feel Him in your Life, please don't ridicule and belittle those that do. As I've said before, I believe man is evolving not only physically, but technologically, and spiritually. Through us (man) the Pure Consciousness of the Divine Intelligence experiences the plane of Mater (matter). We are co-creators here on earth. You can go it alone, or you can learn to fine tune the connection and tap into His divinity. It's entirely up to you.

Most unbelievers....not all....are doubters because they don't experience this connection and can't believe that others REALLY do. They want an explanation....they DEMAND an explanation. It just doesn't work that way.

• 5go
    5go
    5G0 wrote "Any proof to that claim?"

I don't need any proof, the effects of his power and the miracles Jesus has done is enough proof for me.....now release the arrows.

OK then you also most believe in Zeus, Thor, Allah and a myriad of other gods that have performed recorded miracles.

I would also note Zeus and his pantheon of gods has had more effect on your life than Jesus. Without him you wouldn't have Jesus or the greco-roman system the christian religion attempts to preserve.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    Most unbelievers....not all....are doubters because they don't experience this connection and can't believe that others REALLY do. They want an explanation....they DEMAND an explanation. It just doesn't work that way.

I would say that most are skeptical because they experience a disconnect from something that has been taught as reality only to grow to accept the reality that truly is, and reality itself is free of dieties, therefore, they can no longer believe that others really do have a connection to reality when a deity is thrown in the mix.

So when an explanation is desired, and reality or at least something that shows hints of reality cannot be provided...then no, reality won't work that way. Crazy does-For lack of a politically correct word.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit