What is the best way to help BurnTheShips...

by nvrgnbk 137 Replies latest jw friends

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Dawg,

It seems to me that you are saying that if there is anything out there left called mystery, we will one day find an anwer to what it is. If that day comes and we no longer need to explore the exterior (including outer space), then perhaps we will look interiorly. And once we find there is nothing more there to plumb, what will we do next?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    "Burn is very intelligent. Very. I don't think he will ever give up the idea of God".

It's intelligent to not "give up the idea" of just about anything....Now, put that in your pipes and smoke it Bible believers!

You read my statement this way: Burn is very intelligent. Very : I don't think he'll ever give up on the idea of God.

I didn't insert a semi-colon between Very and I don't think. My statement was not meant to be read as one statement as you read it and interpreted it. It was meant to be read this way:

1. Burn is very intelligent. Very.

2. I don't think he will ever give up the idea of God.

Some of you insinuate that he is an idiot. I say he's not an idiot. He is very intelligent. I'll even add two very's.

And it is my opinion that he will never give up on the idea of God.

Oh and you need to bone up on the use of your and you're. They are not interchangeable. I'm not always perfect in spelling or grammar, far from it, but I do know to use the contraction you're for you are. No biggie, but if you are calling someone an idiot, then be sure you don't sound like one.

• dawg
    dawg

Of course Flying, it makes someone an idiot that spells a word wrong or makes a joke... I've grown accustomed to these childish comebacks of yours ever since I made a joke about Hefner being God. Your comments have very little relevance to what I was saying, but then again... I'm getting used to that.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Dawg, read my statement again please. I didn't say you are an idiot.

No biggie, but if you are calling someone an idiot, then be sure you don't soundlike one.

I'd love to think your thread about Hugh Hefner was a joke. I sure hope it was.

• dawg
    dawg

I thought some quotes by Burns may be in order.. he's started several threads where he attacks non-believers and makes particularity dogmatic statements about God such as these doosies.

"God gave us a big playground"

"A rather ridiculous exaggeration. God made the body, it is therefore sacred. We will be joined with our bodies again in the glorious future".

"All the deniers here will be long rotting in their graves and the world will continue turn on the name of Jesus of Nazareth".

"God has a human face. When He heals the sick it is with human hands. When he speaks Truth it is with a human voice. When he suffers for good it is human blood that is shed".

It's statements like these that make my point for me. These aren't intellectual statements, nor are they smart. You can make them all you want but it makes you look like a complete idiot. Flat our Burns and anyone else, if you think like this you're an idiot. I have no problem saying this because I've read several posts while looking this up where Burns calls others names.

Read this Burns and defend it if you can... or will you simply resort back to the old you just don't understand where I'm coming from refrain.

Here's the facts, Burns believes in Christ... He thinks he has the answer as the above quotes prove... and thinking you know the answer to the question of God makes you an idiot. His own words condemn him!

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    "God has a human face. When He heals the sick it is with human hands. When he speaks Truth it is with a human voice. When he suffers for good it is human blood that is shed".

Well this one can be smart depending on what he meant. If he meant a non spiritualist type "god" then yes I can agree. We humans show 'god'ship by kind and honourable actions that are the best we have to offer.

Im not hurt by religionist. Let them try to inforce their morality on me. I can push back pretty hard. Words? Naw, they cant hurt anyone.

• Robdar
    Robdar

I remember when I was a non believer. Boy, was I jealous of the believers and their faith. I just couldn't figure out what made them so sure. They pissed me off so much. I see the same thing here.

• dawg
    dawg

Robdar, you're kidding yourself man.. I have never felt jealous of fools, and you're comment lacks substance.... so you can prove God Robdar? Go back to sleep.

IP... I agree about words, but this is always the way of the believers... they make comments and then say it's not what they really meant.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Gee Dawg, feeling defensive? Were my comments directed to you? What's the matter Dawg? Your balls itchy?

Robdar, you're kidding yourself man.. I have never felt jealous of fools, and you're comment lacks substance.... so you can prove God Robdar? Go back to sleep.

I don't have to prove God, dude. It's your problem not mine. And obviously my comments had enough substance to get a rise out of you. Hahahahahahahaaaa.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Your balls itchy?

OMG altalt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit