What is the best way to help BurnTheShips...

by nvrgnbk 137 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

to grasp that the basic purpose of science is to produce useful models of reality. How to help him understand that trying to make observable reality "fit" around a collection of writings designed in its first half to inspire the oftentimes persecuted Jewish people and in its second to consolidate the fragmented Roman Empire is an exercise in futility?

Sorry, Burn.

I couldn't resist.

Hope you're having a wonderful day,

Nate

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

best way? burntheships

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

nvrgnbk,

The online Burn is an interesting person judging from his posts. He is more intelligent than the average man, yet seems to reason far less than the average man. That is why he is bought to book so often by minds that are frankly less inspiring than his own.

His posts are generated by a passion which is then very slightly controlled by the use of innacurately speed-reading Wikipedia or some other site. The modus is the same. Half read the information, pick out what MIGHT suit his previously rapidly made post, then rush back to the 'enter' button. Generally it is the passion that speaks first and makes its mark. From thenceforth Burn uses his native intelligence to try make the most of what he has stated, defending the indefensible to the death.

That having been said, his posts are much more interesting than the norm and add a needed dimension to a Board that these days too often aquieses to the intellectual porridge of the Cuddly Club. He certainly was not your average JW and is not your average XJW either. Burn is well on the way to agnosticism but is fighting his own destiny with all the passion he can muster. ;)

HS

• 5go
    5go

Burn isn't the only one. There is no help other than to realize he is a breed that is losing power as well as dying out slowly ( and they know it ) and will soon be one of those religions Muslims, Buddhists, and newer religions point to when they talk of past false religions that cause so much immorality and evil to spread through the world in their recruiting attempts. Much like when Christians refer to the pagans hordes and ironically Muslims in their recruiting attempts.

• BurnTheShips
  • lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    That having been said, his posts are much more interesting than the norm and add a needed dimension to a Board that these days too often aquieses to the intellectual porridge of the Cuddly Club.

LMFAO!

• journey-on
    journey-on

Sorry, nvr

We don't want to burn our "Burn". He is a bit special.

Me thinks he's a bit deeper in his insight than some of our so-called deeper insightfuls. According to some,

"the purpose of science is to give an organized account of the Universe". This definitely leaves open a space

for the physical as well as the super "physical", imo. He's definitely on a spiritual evolutionary path, imo, where

he will be one of those that reconciles science and god. He searches. Some others are too either/or and their path will end at

the Y. It's just the nature of evolution...survival of the fittest....adaptive.....natural selection (I do hope he has

children to pass this "gene" on to).

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Generally it is the passion that speaks first and makes its mark.

The Passion of the BurnTheShips....

Nvrgnbk holds the flagellum, and HS drives the nails....

alt

• 5go
    5go

Looking back at my past I would say Burn is definitely on the path to the dark-side. He be a full fledged atheist in about five years.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    (I do hope he has children to pass this "gene" on to).

Here's my little theist:

I'd better stop before this turns into Cuddly-Club.

;-)

Burn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit