She believes in god's organization?!? I'm getting a divorce!

by kzjw 25 Replies latest jw friends

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I feel ya. Good luck whatever you decide.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It is a very difficult process leaving, one that can take years, and several attempts, due to cognitive dissonance, fear etc. Do not give up on her too easily. It is hard to leave when there is nothing to replace it with. Maybe you need to work on making her happy spending more time with you and no JW friends so that she does not feel she needs to org so much.

• changeling
    changeling

real one says" marriage is a complicated thing". While that's true, throwing in ridiculous Bible rules and regs doesn't make it any easier.

Keep it simple. Be kind, loving and thoughtfull you can't go wrong with that.

changeling

• dinah
    dinah

achoooooo, troll.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

I do hope the best for you. Just don't act rashly, or out of any perceived threat to your spirituality. Even if you see the Watchtower as Satan's Own Playground, know that she doesn't see it that way and you aren't in any spiritual danger from her or it.

You said she had doubts? But now she's mentally gung-ho? She may just be in that back-and-forth state people get into when their facts and their beliefs don't mesh. More time might yet wrest her from the Watchtower.

Dave

• Layla33
    Layla33

All life is flux and nothing stays the same...

• justhuman
    justhuman

Oh boy...here we go again. I can feel your situation. I had exactly the same one like you. My wife believes in "God's" organization and that she will be saved by following a banch of old guys made in U.S.A claiming that they are "God's" mouthpiece..shame who does the Witchtower destroyed our lifes and family.

There is 2 years almost that we have separated. I don't know about the laws in your country but in mine, when there is a separation of 5 years then there is automatically divorce...

So I don't feel going to court and pay lawyers, I will just wait for another 3 years...I don't know if you have children (like me) but that will be the real problem. Specially when the other part blindly follows the Org and turns the kids against you. It happened with me, and unfortunately I cannot go to court and claim their custody since they are small. I'm trying to show them with love that God love us all, and He is kind, and not a massive killer...

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Have you presented to her the factual evidence that this so called organization of god was started by a swindler who died and passed it on to a crooked lawyer.

If all of that has been done perhaps the instilled fear that these jerk offs laid into her has got her mentally shackled, sorry but to say but I think you might have a problem

on your hands and I have sympathy for your situation .

If I can offer any kind of advise it would be to take a breather , or in other words don't do anything irrational based on pent up emotions

let hings calm done for a day or so and then start a discussion again.............hope things work out

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Honestly, it does take longer for some than others, it depends on how deeply embedded the Wt

is in their brain. Ask your self these questions, Do I really truly love my wife? Do we get along outside of the

religion crap? Do I want to make things work even though we will believe different? Would I consider

some type of therapy together, or marriage enrichment classes. I met a woman who did this with her husband

it was love all over again. I thought to myself all couples should do this once through out their

marriage. Sometimes you start to take one another for granted. Anyway back on course here, take time to reflect

on your thoughts, you may feel differently about your wife tomorrow. And you really need to have

a heart to heart talk about everything you are feeling.

Cheers & Best wishes,

Hope4others

• yknot
    yknot

I believed, most of us believed at some point.

Now we don't .....

It took me 34 years, and my husband has been waiting for 13 years.

Marriage can survive if you don't agree on everything, as long as you respect the other.

1 Cor 7:16 husband, how do you know but that you will save [your] wife?

But that is just my experience, I am grateful for my husbands patience.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit