She believes in god's organization?!? I'm getting a divorce!

by kzjw 25 Replies latest jw friends

• kzjw
    kzjw

I never thought my live & let live attitude on religion would have screwed up things this bad. I'm trying to help my wife find her way out, but I spoke with her tonite & she really believes in the "organization". Can I, in all honesty stay married to someone who essentially knows the bible, has read John 14, but believes the organization is your only path to salvation?

Anybody got a life-line? I'm leaning real heavy towards a retainer fee 4 my attorney...kz >

• real one
    real one

how do you feel about the org? i would say let her find out on her own but at least try to help her. how does this affect you?

• kzjw
    kzjw

I know thier entire history...I like her congo members, good people, but isn't it idol worship to accept an organization as a path to salvation? Aren't these very people who I think are nice, putting me in spiritual danger now that I woke up?

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Your marriage isn't about religion though, is it? Do you love each other?

There are successful couples where one member is a JW. And there are unsuccessful couples where neither are. If you've got a good relationship otherwise, I'm not sure that this should be the deciding factor for you.

Dave

• wings
    wings

You might want to take a breath buddy. Try searching some topics on this site. Many here (MANY) are making their marriages work. Just ask from those of us here, you will get help.

wings

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

"To love, honor, cherish, and deeply respect, as long as we shall both live together on earth, under God's marital arrangement."

Just because you don't agree w/ her thoughts, doesn't mean that you shouldn't respect her feelings. I apologize for not having any sound advice for you. I am divorced, but for reasons other than those you are describing. Whatever you decide, I hope that both you and your wife are making the right decision for yourselves.

• kzjw
    kzjw

It's a matter of her gravitating to her "brother&sisters" over me, and a recent indiscretion on her part, yet in therapy, shit from 15 years ago is all my fault. Meanwhile, I'm trying to be the good husband because I know how lost she is. So I do love her, I'm just not sure as we "re-connect is I can be in Love with her if this bond to the organization remains. I can no longer tolerate the Borg! Even as a UBM they've f*&^-ed up my life enough!

• changeling
    changeling

You can not force a person out of the org. any more than you can force someone to love you.

Back off of the JW discussions. Concentrate on the good aspects of your relashionship. If the marrige was loving and strong before, it should be able to withstand your changes. If not, than that's another story...

changeling

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Speaking from experience.

a real human being or ideology...

She's no more lost than you are bro. Just sayin.

• real one
    real one

you need to speak with her before you call your attorney. see if she is agreeable to working things out with you. God hates divorce but if one is an unbeliever then i believe you may or the unbeliever may leave but you cannot remarry. you can either reconcile with her or if she dies you are free to marry again only in the Lord. awe marriage what a complicated thing!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit