She believes in god's organization?!? I'm getting a divorce!

by kzjw 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth

kzjw,

My husband and I were JWs for almost 50 years. When we left (I quit almost 3 months before my husband did) we still did

not agree that everything the WT taught was not the truth. To this day, even though we have both totally, mentally have left

the WT, we still do not agree on everything. I think that just loving and respecting one another is more important than what

you believe. There is hope for your marriage if you just decide to let go of the WT and your wife. What I mean is just love

her for who she is as a person and not what she believes about the WT. Do things together, don't take issue with her if

she wants to go to meetings or in field service. Just get your own life and when she is doing her thing, do yours.

Joe and I have been married almost 60 years. I know that people with totally different interests can live together and love

each other. You do not have to be bound at the hip.

Velta

• Honesty
    Honesty
    God hates divorce but if one is an unbeliever then i believe you may or the unbeliever may leave but you cannot remarry. you can either reconcile with her or if she dies you are free to marry again only in the Lord. real one

This message has been approved by the Gibbering Buddy.
  • sf
    sf

Life IS short. Don't waste it on another ADULT human that is wasting their own for other adult humans. That is their decision. Make your OWN decision about your OWN life and it's span. Putting YOUR life on hold for another ADULT HUMAN is frankly, quite stupid. You NEVER know what YOUR life holds in store IF you give it over to another adult. Male or female. Freedom is too precious. Don't take too long to figure it out. It's clear whom she has and will continue to put ANYONE else in HER life(SPAN). Wishing you well, sKally

• sf
    sf

Meant to add: It's the nature of the Watchtower Beast. Those adult men will be her life. Not you. Are you going to sit around and watch it all unfold?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I made it work for 8-9 years. Even had privs and pioneered.

Sounds to me like you are on the out. That must be heaven compared to being in like I was, I had no choice, she would have hiked.

If she is respecting you being on the out while she is on the in, and she is a good woman otherwise (and you love her), think carefully of what you are doing....

Burn

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

kzjw, take a minute to think. Don't overreact. Let her find her way out if she wishes. The indoctrination is deep, deeper in some than others. Be patient and loving. If you were Catholic and left, yet your wife chose to stay, would you still be considering divorce? It took me 8 years to wake up, my husband was out for 8 years before I joined him.

momz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit