Bottom Line: What Does This New Meeting Arrangement Really Mean?

by minimus 73 Replies latest jw friends

• Poztate
    Poztate
    The END is closer than ever! We need to quicken the pace of the preaching work! This will free up one more evening for Field Service.

I would not be surprised to see that happen. It is the hard liners who still seem to rule at the present. Many years ago when I was a child there was an organized field service arrangement before the book study. The goal was to go out for one hour in the evening when we might find more people home. I don't know if this was a local idea or not but not too many were enthused about doing it.

• minimus
    minimus

We did this too, in our Hall.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

maybe, after 125 years into this religion thing, they're trying to free up an evening for "shepherding calls" or maybe their elders and ms's have complained about too much paperwork so they need a night for that. it's time-consuming work policing god's chosen people ya know

• rache31
    rache31

Boy, for some of my family this is going to mean the end is ever closer! That's all they say to me anyway. They'll be wondering how I can be so comfortable out in the world when all of these wonderful new changes are taking place.

• minimus
    minimus

If they had more meetings, they'd say the same thing!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

less gas money because of less travelling because of one less meeting - a gallon of gas for a denarius

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Let me say this about that, further more, on the other hand, like I said before.Seriously. It's all about containment and liability. Legal is directing all departments, no Holy Spirit here. Not a move is made unless legal has covered every angle. No more 2/3, two-thirds vote. Governing Body listens to legal first, protecting their assets is number one. Every future decision is now guided by the legal light burning 24/7. Then the spin experts put it in motion as if the Governing Body has received new light and the rank and file go OOOHHHH!

Remember, it was not too long ago when the Governing Body said that they do not have any special knowledge and that the great crowd has as much knowledge as they do.So, to sum it all up and answer your question, anything that seems new is really not new, it's been done in the past and is now recycled under "CYA" legal follow the money.

Blueblades

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I would like to see the free night used by the elders for shepherding - but I have a feeling it aint going to happen

• loosie
    loosie

maybe this means they are on their way to only one meeting a week.

• insearchof
    insearchof

If this does happen the half are going to say that the end is ever so close.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit