Bottom Line: What Does This New Meeting Arrangement Really Mean?

by minimus 73 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

I don't believe it has anything to do with anything other than everyone is tired and the wt has given up beating the dead horse.

Count me in on this view.

For me, personally, it means one less night my golden child will have to go out by herself.

Sylvia

• asilentone
    asilentone

It does not mean anything in 2008. It will start on January 2009. Armaggedon is not coming this year!

• carla
    carla

It means child #2 is pissed off because now he will be around more! Can't they make up their minds? first they take him away completely now they want to give him back?! Sorry, no returns. Item is not in the same condition.

just kidding folks, more time away from jw's is a good thing. Maybe they will have a new rule that would be helpful, no contacting any jw's outside of the kh and regular meeting times. That would give them time to forget all about jw's for a day or even two in a row! wow! think of that! Two whole days of semi normalcy!

• sacolton
    sacolton

Money is drying up - no new material - everyone is tired. Time to cut their losses and run.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

It means that most of the capable brothers have left - the ones who could look after a group without upsetting different ones. After all it does take interpersonal skills and tact when you are dealing with such a variety of people. (holy spirit left them years ago)

Just recently I had begun to notice a few hurt feelings because for example bro elderly study conductor is completely tactless or worse he's a pedophile and whats more the bookstudy is in his house.

Sisters are becoming more assertive too. I know of a few who simply refused to change groups when they were told too.

Teenagers are quietly refusing to do what they're told. It is all taking a toll - a sign of the times for sure.

• minimus
    minimus

I don't think the Society cares about whether you're tired. Not at all. If you don't exert yourself, you've failed. Nah, it's not because they threw in the towel.

• anglise
    anglise

I think the change is part of the elder reorganization.

Think of all the BS conductors who will be out of a job/position.

Maybe they are running out of qualified brothers!

Anglise

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

What Snowbird said - 100%!

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

It is to be used as time put aside for JW69 remedial action aka Kutra Sarma but the other way around!

• Gill
    Gill

I'll tell you what the new meeting arrangement means!

It means that God has dumbed down the qualifications required to live forever....that is what it means!

When I was dubbie, I had to get at least one hour in a month to not be harrassed by elders!

When I was dubbie it was required that you attend five boring meetings a week on three occassions, now you only have to show your face twice!

It's an insult to my 'living forever' efforts! I resent the dumbing down! Why should new dubbies have it easy to qualify to live forever than I did!

I am INSULTED!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit