Richard Dawkins Gets "Expelled" by Ben Stein!

by Perry 365 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• real one
    real one

real one,

WHO HATCHED THE EGG, Adam?

A comment that should anyone care to take seriously, proves conclusively that like most Creationists you have absolutely no clue about the process of evolution or animal enthnology. It also proves that you did not even attempt to read the link that I posted, in which this question is answered. But as I noted, Creationists have no interest in learning anything but how to bend facts to suit an preconceived conclusion.

Get anminimal education, then come back and try again.

HS

PS - If you want to stay in the game, how about answering the question that I posed to both yourself and Perry and which you have avoided answering. Why do humans get goosebumps?

HS,

you didnt answer my question. I did read your link. See you are a false witness.

Why do we get goosebumps?

"Goosebumps" or "gooseflesh" is known in medical terminology as piloerection (pil is from the Latin word for hair). People experience this phenomenon when they are cold or frightened. The hair is able to stand on end due to the contraction of the pili muscles at the base of the hairs. When they are triggered by external stimulus, the tiny muscles become hyperactive and the hair stands up straight. Because humans have very short hairs, our highly visible skin displays many small bumps as the pili muscles contract.

All mammals are capable of piloerection. Some scientists think it is used for warmth. The fluffing of hair or fur creates a barrier between the sensitive mammalian skin and the cold environment. Within the hair area pockets, warm air is trapped, keeping the animal protected. Piloerection may also be a defensive reaction. With all of its hair standing on end, the animal would look larger, causing a predator to look for less imposing prey.

or maybe they like to read the goosebumps books?

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

real one,

"Goosebumps" or "gooseflesh" is known in medical terminology as piloerection (pil is from the Latin word for hair). People experience this phenomenon when they are cold or frightened. The hair is able to stand on end due to the contraction of the pili muscles at the base of the hairs. When they are triggered by external stimulus, the tiny muscles become hyperactive and the hair stands up straight. Because humans have very short hairs, our highly visible skin displays many small bumps as the pili muscles contract.

All mammals are capable of piloerection. Some scientists think it is used for warmth. The fluffing of hair or fur creates a barrier between the sensitive mammalian skin and the cold environment. Within the hair area pockets, warm air is trapped, keeping the animal protected. Piloerection may also be a defensive reaction. With all of its hair standing on end, the animal would look larger, causing a predator to look for less imposing prey.

Good and agreed. Goosebumps happen to humans for the same reasons that they happen to animals.

1) As a means of warming themselves IF THEY HAVE A BODY FULL OF HAIR. Look at the way birds fluff up their feathers to keep warm. Humans do not have hair on their bodies in quantities that allow for even minimal warming. Goosebumps are an inheritance from our evolutionary past.

2) Goosebumps occur in animals in situations where they are in fear of a predator and the hair follicles react forcing the hair to stand on end so that the prey looks bigger than it actually is. A protective mechanism.

What does this tell you about God the designer? Think about it.

HS

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

real One,

You may be able to find grammatical errors in my posts, especially as I do not bother proof-reading them these days (incidentally your spelling of the word 'atheism' on your other thread is incorrect ;), but you will not find that my arguments are suspect.

I wish that one could note this about your own posts.

you didnt answer my question. I did read your link. See you are a false witness.

The link I gave you contained the answer to your question. Read it again. Then read it again. Then, if you have too, read it again until you understand what is being said. either you did read it and cannot understand what is being said, or you did not read it and are lying.

As I said, even a minimal education on the subject will help.

HS

• real one
    real one

HS,

It tells me he is the ultimate scientist!

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

real one,

HS,

It tells me he is the ultimate scientist!

I am not quite sure of what to make of your comment.

Goosebumps prove that we are once covered in hair, and that we were once hunted by predators and you are suggesting this is how God the Designer designed it? So am I to take it that you do accept the evolutionary process and reject the Adam and Eve myth ?

HS

• real one
    real one

I am not quite sure of what to make of your comment.

Goosebumps prove that we are once covered in hair, and that we were once hunted by predators and you are suggesting this is how God the Designer designed it? So am I to take it that you do accept the evolutionary process and reject the Adam and Eve myth ?

HS

I dont know why you take my comment to accept evolution. I believe in Adam and Eve as the beginning of mankind on Earth. I have the Bible, the most wise book on the planet to give me this infomation and to believe anything else would be to allow Satan to influence my thinking. No thank you. I don't care how many things you can find on the internet and paste here they all say the same thing, God does not exist. Satan is doing a good job to trick some but not all of us.

I enjoy these debates but I know who God is.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Wow. Some people really are not capable of turning on the old noodle. Sad.

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Oh Real One, will you show me the way? Since you know god, please come reveal him to me. I have been searching for so long. I am lost and need to find my way. I have been praying for decades and am at the end of my rope. I don't want to die. I try reading the Bible, but I just start laughing so hard that I can't control it. Please share your knowledge of the supreme being. Don't let me die out here all alone with noone to worship. I just can't live without someone or something to worship...

Anyway, as an atheist, I'm glad Dawkins is honest enough to say that he really does not know how we got here or why. It would be intellectually dishonest for any atheist or evolutionist to act like they know for certain the origin of life. It is simply not knowable.

Fortunately it is easier to find an evolutionist that admits they do not know than it is to find a theist or ID person to say they don't know. In my opinion every conversation about god and the origin of life should begin and end with "I don't know for sure, but..." Then at the end of the conversation, "Like I said, I just don't know for sure." Any "Sureness" is dishonest and arrogant.

personally, I think Dawkins has let us down as a scientist because he does not say "i don't know" enough. Any scientist who says ID is just crazy and impossible is not being honest because it IS possible thaT WE WERE CREATED BY SOME INTELLGENT BEING. TO SAY THAT BEING IS GOD IS CRazy because we can't even define god in the first place, everyone has a different definition of god. So, we have no target to hit so to speak, therefore we can not possibly hit a bulls eye using "god."

In fact to call the creator a creator or intelligent is to anthropomorphize it and that doesn't work either. We'd have to coin a new phrase that can't be used on humans to describe the first cause. We need a new word like, "aprovabe." So, my version of ID would have to be worded very carefully. Here's one example: "A Mugolat aprovabeded the universe, and thus we are here." And, Mugolat and aprovabe would have to remain undefined terms, otherwise they would take on human meanings which is what we are trying to avoid.

• toreador
    toreador

Here is a good one.

10 questions that every intelligent Christian must answer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atTSwau9fwM&feature=related

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

"The Bible, the most wise book on the planet." hahahahahahahahahaha!!! Geez, if I had seen tht comment earlier I wouldn't have even botherd to post on this thread. This dude isn't even worth engaging. He still believes in Adam and Eve for christ's sake! Or is it Atum and Eva or whatever, the Egyptian gods?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit