My dad just came out... as one of the annointed

by Pwned 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Layla33
    Layla33

I think when you learn about group dymanics and the pressure being in a group, especially a cult that relies on supernatural unsubstianted things, over time reality becomes distorted and irrational behavior ensues.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead
    I think when you learn about group dymanics and the pressure being in a group, especially a cult that relies on supernatural unsubstianted things, over time reality becomes distorted and irrational behavior ensues.

Well put... A@G

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Congratulations. Good to have connections in high places. Gotta suck for your mom though.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday
    Dude, he's just a guy who wants to be Jesus' bride and have spiritual intercourse with him, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Note to Self: Do not Read any more of Nathan's comments while drinking

• Pwned
    Pwned

maybe he is making a run for the GB, lol. he has always been a humble "good" elder, genuinely interested in helping the flock, he has never been a glory hound or anything in fact he never even was PO when I was growing up, not sure about now. i guess my mom has come to terms with it and they both feel that they will still be in touch somehow, not sure if thats 'new light' or something but i don't remember it working that way.

• Balsam
    Balsam

I can totally see my ex-husband who is a very anal JW doing something like this so he can cope with his choices in that religion. I feel sorry for him because happiness has always alluded him on any real level.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger
    Gotta suck for your mom though.

That hadn't occurred to me.

Everyone who becomes anointed leaves a "Great Crowd Widow/Widower"

Aside from that I actually hope that the floodgates open. A Great Crowd which was smaller than the Little Flock would be highly amusing.

• chikikie
    chikikie

good way of getting out of a loveless marriage!

• uninformed
    uninformed

Just remember:

"The partakers are not special"

Only the GB is.

Brant

• Free
    Free

Nobody could ever explain the whole, " I go to heaven ,but sorry honey you will stay and help clean up dead bodys after the big A " thing to me without sounding like they had no clue.

The one annointed I knew was so out there that most believed they were crazy. I can only think that the ones that do decide to claim to be annointed are starved for attention and will for sure get it ,From #1 other loose nuts who believe them or #2 loose nuts that don't.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit