My dad just came out... as one of the annointed

by Pwned 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Pwned
    Pwned

I know I don't post here that often but this just kind of blew me away. My dad just "came out" recently as annointed and i find it so weird. he's always been pretty level headed and he's been in for over 30 years. i don't get it, why now? i am not really religious so i find the whole idea absurd, especially the explanation that you "just know" or whatever, plus the weird part is that in spanish halls it was extremely rare, i only knew of one growing up and everyone kind of thought he was nuts. plus why would he want to leave my mom by herself for all eternity, that makes no sense. I found out through somebody else and i kind of hope he doesn't tell me because i won't have the reaction he wants, i might laugh or be indifferent but i am terrible at pretending to be excited and i wouldn't want to anyway. thought, similar experiences, do you think he fell off the deep end?

• asilentone
    asilentone

You better behave now! or your Daddy will find out everything about you once he is in Heaven!

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

We'll just have to get used to it... Everyones gonna get anointed now with all the new light...

BTW, my stepfather is also of the "anointed"... married my mother when I was 10....

So welcome to the club.

A@G

• mind my own
    mind my own

I don't get it...

MMO

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Wow, sounds pretty heavy for you.

I think we had to know that there would be more partakers with the new

light. I guess you will just have to go with the flow.

There are so many other reasons for some to partake, it is really

hard to give that and answer. Depression sometimes, someone newly

pioneering will have those thoughts, your guess is as good as the next guys.

Maybe we'll all be there!

lol

hope4others

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    Maybe we'll all be there!

hehehe...won't that be a kick in the teeth for some

I think if either of my parents suddenly decided they were annointed, I'd laugh and roll my eye, and decide they have really gone off the deep end. I would have to see and feel some BIG changes before I even came close to believing that.

lisa

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

Pwned... in I believe the May 1 2007 Watchtower QFR article it opened the door for new anointeds to present themselves.

There has been much speculation over whether this year would see many new anointeds as a result.

Can't wait to see the numbers....

• sacolton
    sacolton

Another person anointed? Man, this isn't going to sit well with the bORG ...

• Samuel Thorsen
    Samuel Thorsen

My aunt stopped taking the crackers this year. He might have taken her place

• blondie
    blondie

Wasn't it in January that the lifted the doctrine that 1935 was the cutoff date to be called and that those who think they have been aren't necessarily replacements. I anticipate there might be even more "new" anointed by the 2009 memorial.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit