My dad just came out... as one of the annointed

by Pwned 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Pwned
    Pwned

well i didnt realize the "door" had been re-opened so maybe its expected then and people won't think he's crazy. still weird though

• Honesty
    Honesty

My ex-SIL has been munching crackers and sippin' cheap wine for about 4 years now.

She is a good example of an anointed JW...

the best shun I ever had in my life came from her... in a packed courtroom.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Dude, he's just a guy who wants to be Jesus' bride and have spiritual intercourse with him, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Is he looking at bridal magazines yet? You might want to give him a subscription as a thoughtful gift.

Is he low-key, or "flaming" anointed? Will he join in the anointed pride march?

"Our heads are pointed -- we're anointed! Get used to it!"

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It

I think the unmitigated increase of annointed is fantastic. I can think of several holy rollers who I hope partake as it will further solidify my opinions and might well keep nudging my wife along to enlightenment. .. -- Not Feeling Annointed

• Quotes
    Quotes

Blondie, et al,

Did this "new light" include the idea that there would be more than 144,000 Annointed? Becuase their numbers were too many even before; a new flood of partakers will make the math even more ludicrous.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi Quotes,

You have to remember that this is non-euclidean math, spiritual math, very much like the square root of -1, which is called i.

• blondie
    blondie

Quotes, remember that the WTS has that contingency covered by saying that not all are "genuine" without singling out any individual.

*** w07 5/1 p. 31 Questions From Readers ***However, the number of genuine anointed ones who have become unfaithful is likely not large. On the other hand, as time has gone by, some Christians baptized after 1935 have had witness borne to them that they have the heavenly hope. (Romans 8:16, 17) Thus, it appears that we cannot set a specific date for when the calling of Christians to the heavenly hope ends.
    *** w00 1/15 p. 13 par. 18 "Keep on the Watch" ***Sixth, the number of genuine anointed disciples of Christ is dwindling, though some will evidently still be on earth when the great tribulation begins.
  • Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead
    not all are "genuine" without singling out any individual

I think that the only ones that the WTS says believes are "genuine" are the GBs... everyone else is probably fakin it to them...... But they had to justify appointing 50 year olds to the GB somehow.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Howdy Quotes & Nathan-

People once marveled at Reaganomics - nothing compared to borgboolean. These guys pull numbers out of the air everywhere in hexadecimal.

• Quandry
    Quandry

It seems he will have lots of company. I'll bet they will be sorry they ever went back on their "new light" of 1935 being the "cut off date."

I think they've opened a real can of worms. Next couple of memorials should see the ball start rolling.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit