I need love advice

by Edict Of Death 34 Replies latest social relationships

• Edict Of Death
    Edict Of Death

Well i'm no JW, and i'm still in school but i love this girl to death and she is a JW. i don't have the time to deeply look at the religion but i really want this to work out though her parents would never aprove. her father is a preacher and she can't talk to guys date guys or any thing. her mother dosn't seem so strict and i've been dating her for over a year and they have no idea, but i want to know if theres any way to get there aprovle because i just want to be with her badly though we seem to be in a romeo and juliet situation. i'm not going to give up on her so that advice is unwanted i just want help.

• nelly136
    nelly136

has your grlfriend given you any clues as to whether she wants to stay in or leave the jws? is she baptised?

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

The only way her parents will approve of you is if you become a baptised member of Jehovah's Witnesses. Please do not do such a thing just for the approval of her parents. It is at best a high control religion, at worst a cult. Having been raised in it I would say it is a cult.

Jackie

• Edict Of Death
    Edict Of Death

She told me she wants to leave but she'd never tell her parents that. it dose not matter to me what she dose i'm behind her for it.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Look back on similar threads in this topic; it's all been said before, a lot.

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

This link takes you to a thread that has several other threads linked whose topic/question is either close to or exactly like yours:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/32/77159/1.ashx

Some great advice and answers have been given. You are still welcome to ask any questions you'd like here, and I'm sure there will be those happy to answer, but most of your conundrum has already been addressed many times over.

Jackie

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

honestly, i don't know of any way to get JW "approval" short of becoming one and towing the party line. i'm not recommending that however, nor would I say to give up one someone you love. it's very complicated however. kinda like dating the daughter of hitler, if you are a jew. oy. might have to run away together, finish your schooling elsewhere and then get married and make babies so they can't just take her back away from you. ;) take good care

• Edict Of Death
    Edict Of Death

my biggest question is, why do her parents insist on keeping all guys away. what in the religion says she can't love or be loved?

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

They teach that couples should be "evenly yoked". (God, I've been out so long, it saddens me I still remember terms like that.) Anyway, to them this means she should only be with someone who is also a JW, and only if they are seriously contemplating marriage, which makes no sense because how do you contemplate marriage without *first* dating a while to get to know each other... but I digress... Basically they don't think she should date because she should put the religion first. If she does date it should not be until she is old enough to marry and then it should only be a JW guy. Since you meet none of their criteria they will not accept you. You will have to decide yourselves how to go forward *without* their approval as that will not be forthcoming.

Jackie

• Edict Of Death
    Edict Of Death

well thanks for the link i read a few of them and i was wondering, what would happen if she left the religion like she wants too. she is 15 going on 16 here in a few days and i'm 16 but i can find many ways to see her and be with her. what do you think would happen if she told her parents she wanted out?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit