Criticism worthy of your time

by johnnyc 71 Replies latest jw experiences

• LayingLow
    LayingLow

If you want to fit a square block through a round hole be my guest. What have they done since Rutherford's days that would indicate that they now are more blessed or chosen by the Holy Spirit than they were before?

They don't hold that God just runs around abandoning Christian religions at any time. The WTBTS believes specifically that in 1918/1919 God abandoned the rest of Christendom. If you don't believe they were specifically chosen in 1918/1919 when they used the cross, believed in the indwelling of the Holy Spirit on all Christians, and worshiped Jesus (Check this one out!), then you don't believe they are God's Mouthpiece.

If anything, I think God abandoned them in 1918/1919 because that is when they really started pumping out personal opinions / changed core doctrines / changed time dates. Read the history of the organization when Rutherford first took over. He literally hijacked the corporation. Then he thought he was a prophet and kept having 'light' "flash up". Unfortunately for him those millions then living did die, Beth Sarim turned into a vacation spot (maybe fortunately for him), 1925 saw no significant events and proved him to completely devoid of prophetic insight. He said that he was more sure of 1925 than he was of 1914. I don't know if that tells you anything, but I think it should.

• jgnat
    jgnat

If you believe that Russell was "more correct" than Rutherford, then perhaps you should switch your alliance to the Bible Students. They still have all of Russell's writings available online.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit