Why Jehovah Witnesses teach a more biblical faith

by tralon 33 Replies latest jw friends

• tralon
    tralon

Surprizeingly, I am not a JW but an observer and in partial agreement with the Jehovah Witnesses on many issues. I have been to many churches in my 30 years and have studied many church beliefs, church history and the bible as well. So why do I believe the Jehovah Witnesses are the one true faith of Jehovah God?

1.They are united and disciplined from within. Protestant denominations are so divided and new ones pop up every week. There is no unity in beliefs in Protestantism. Also I like the discipline part of the Society. If you agree to be a JW then you should conform to the society's teachings and guidance or leave. There is no room for rebellion and that's the way it should be, if order and unity is to be practiced. I see on Youtube.com videos of apostate JWs who ridicule the Watchtower and the Jehovah Witnesses. These are the people who did not want to conform to the Society and so are rebellious and speak evil. I did not mention the Catholic movement because there religion is so full of false teachings it would take several pages to explain this, so I'll leave that alone.

2. God cannot be a trinity, because God is simply monotheistic or a single deity. You can ask any orthodox Jew who knows the torah and he will plainly tell you this. The scriptures plainly tell us the Lord God is is ONE Jehovah. One does not equal three. It is interesting that the early church after the apostles believed that the Father was UNbegotten, while the Son was begotten and the Holy Spirit was the power of God. bur after the third century reign of Constantine and Athanatius this all changed by civil order.

3. Also the bible teaches man is not naturally immortal, but mortal and waits in the grave til his change comes.So says Job. Somehow over the centuries Hades, Gehenna and Tartaroo got changed into another word called hell which now means an ever burning inferno, which NEVER conveyed that thought. How do these things happen, one wonders?

4. I ask you, just who is knocking on doors telling people about Christ's coming kingdom and man's need to be ready for this change. The Protestant denominations? No.The Catholics? No.Only the Jehovah's Witnesses. So who is really preaching the gospel here?

5.Lastly, do Protestants and Catholics as a whole live their faith, Or is it a once a week thing on Sunday morning and the rest of the week is business as usual? You tell me. JWs really live their faith everyday. By their fruits you shall know them.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

For being only an observer, you draw sweeping conclusions about what you think the JWs teach.

• avishai
    avishai

>>>They are united and disciplined from within.<<<
    What, you mean like how they take care of pedophiles, slap 'em on the wrist and don't report too the proper authorities?

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Trolling scum.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    1.They are united and disciplined from within. Protestant denominations are so divided and new ones pop up every week. There is no unity in beliefs in Protestantism. Also I like the discipline part of the Society. If you agree to be a JW then you should conform to the society's teachings and guidance or leave. There is no room for rebellion and that's the way it should be, if order and unity is to be practiced. I see on Youtube.com videos of apostate JWs who ridicule the Watchtower and the Jehovah Witnesses. These are the people who did not want to conform to the Society and so are rebellious and speak evil. I did not mention the Catholic movement because there religion is so full of false teachings it would take several pages to explain this, so I'll leave that alone.

If you were coerced into believing lies then found out about it, you should leave. The
    problem is that they implanted fears in members about leaving and losing God's favor
    and they told family members to shun anyone who stops believing. In short, they don't
    let you "just leave."

2. God cannot be a trinity, because God is simply monotheistic or a single deity. You can ask any orthodox Jew who knows the torah and he will plainly tell you this. The scriptures plainly tell us the Lord God is is ONE Jehovah. One does not equal three. It is interesting that the early church after the apostles believed that the Father was UNbegotten, while the Son was begotten and the Holy Spirit was the power of God. bur after the third century reign of Constantine and Athanatius this all changed by civil order.

You make one statement about God- He cannot be this because he is that. Thanks for clearing
    that up. Now Mankind can stop wondering. What if He isn't at all either of those? What if he
    isn't what the orthodox Jew thinks He is? What if none of the Holy Bible is "inspired" and He is
    allowing many paths to enlightenment because He has a bet with another deity? I don't want
    to dwell on the "what if" but you cannot convince everyone in the world that your minority opinion
    is right.

I would challenge what you know of what the early church after the apostles believed. There is
    more and more light from the writings at Nag Hamadi and Qumran that revealed that we don't
    know as much as we thought we knew about what they were teaching back then. Also, what
    makes us think that the early church was right?

3. Also the bible teaches man is not naturally immortal, but mortal and waits in the grave til his change comes.So says Job. Somehow over the centuries Hades, Gehenna and Tartaroo got changed into another word called hell which now means an ever burning inferno, which NEVER conveyed that thought. How do these things happen, one wonders?

(Once I get into color format, I can never undo it)
    I won't touch the meaning of Hades or Gehenna because I tend to agree with you that the meaning changed.
    Do you realize that the meanings of many things from the Old Testament changed by the time of the New
    Testament? A "christ" or "messiah" was clearly understood, but changed sometime later to no longer meaning
    a king who had oil poured over his head. WT changed the clear meaning of "parousia." We could go on and on.

The very statement that a king in the line of David would rule forever, could that have been changed? Could the
    writer have just been justifying the rule of the kings after David, such as Josiah and Zedekiah?

4. I ask you, just who is knocking on doors telling people about Christ's coming kingdom and man's need to be ready for this change. The Protestant denominations? No.The Catholics? No.Only the Jehovah's Witnesses. So who is really preaching the gospel here?

I could say many things here. Jesus didn't insist on a door-to-door preaching work. He never did it himself.
    Some of your misunderstanding comes from the NWT way of phrasing the words.

Or I could say the "gospel" is replaced by WTS' s message here, so JW's are not preaching it.

I could say that Mormons are knocking on doors. Does that make their message the "good news" that
    should be proclaimed.

I could say that many churches are more effective than JW's. There are so many ways to look at that
    and realize that claiming "We are the only ones..." doesn't make it so.

5.Lastly, do Protestants and Catholics as a whole live their faith, Or is it a once a week thing on Sunday morning and the rest of the week is business as usual? You tell me. JWs really live their faith everyday. By their fruits you shall know them.

JW's are people like everyone else. Some do live it, some don't. Some Catholics do live it, some don't.
    Again, a claim doesn't make it so. I know plenty of JW's who just go through the motions and I know
    some serious believers who are not JW's. Are Muslims in the true religion because they live the faith?
    Maybe Buddist monks have the truth- they seem so serious.
  • mouthy
    mouthy

By their fruits you shall know them.

AMEN!!!!! Why dont you become one then,? Of course you MUst go 10 hours a month knocking on doors,if you wish to be a good jw. Of course no birthdays,no voting, no holidays for pleasure ,only Assemblies, Christmas is out, Valentines is out,you must hate all people that DID believe then found out they couldnt believe . You can even say "oh what did you expect"? when they commit suicide after being kicked out. You can lie about them & say they left because they were gay, adulterious ,they smoked, they were mentally deranged,which can be proven is a deliberate lie.
    You are one person I really do hope becomes a follower of the Watchtower.... Not because I hate them. I LOVE them... but because YOU my friend ,,,,are just the kind of person that doesnt know what your talking about. But with all your knowledge you would fit in wonderfully .But you will not be able to come back & viisit the board, it is against their policy... we here are evil ....Grace Gough

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

Tralon - It's Athanasius, with two s's. And by the way, is Tartaroo related, by any chance, to Captain Kangaroo?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

This makes me laugh so hard. hahahahahaha

Mat 7:15

"Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves.16"You will know them by their fruits.

1897 "Our Lord, the appointed King, is now present, since October 1874," Studies in the Scriptures, Vol. 4, page 621.

1899 "...the 'battle of the great day of God Almighty' (Revelation 16:14), which will end in A.D. 1914 with the complete overthrow of earth's present rulership, is already commenced." The Time Is at Hand, page 101 (1908 edition).

1916 "The Bible chronology herein presented shows that the six great 10000 year days beginning with Adam are ended, and that the great 7th Day, the 1000 years of Christ's Reign, began in 1873." The Time Is at Hand, page ii, (forward).

1918 "Therefore we may confidently expect that 1925 will mark the return of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the faithful prophets of old, particularly those named by the Apostle in Hebrews 11, to the condition of human perfection." Millions Now Living Will Never Die, page 89.

1922 "The date 1925 is even more distinctly indicated by the Scriptures than 1914." The Watchtower 9/1/22, page 262.

1923 "Our thought is, that 1925 is definitely settled by the Scriptures. As to Noah, the Christian now has much more upon which to base his faith than Noah had upon which to base his faith in a coming deluge." The Watchtower, PAGE 106 4/1/23.

1925 "The year 1925 is here. With great expectation Christians have looked forward to this year. Many have confidently expected that all members of the body of Christ will be changed to heavenly glory during this year. This may be accomplished. It may not be. In his own due time God will accomplish his purposes concerning his people. Christians should not be so deeply concerned about what may transpire this year." The Watchtower, 1/1/25, page. 3.

1925 "It is to be expected that Satan will try to inject into the minds of the consecrated, the thought that 1925 should see an end to the work." The Watchtower, Sept, 1925 page 262.

1926 "Some anticipated that the work would end in 1925, but the Lord did not state so. The difficulty was that the friends inflated their imaginations beyond reason; and that when their imaginations burst asunder, they were inclined to throw away everything." The Watchtower, page 232.

1931 "There was a measure of disappointment on the part of Jehovah's faithful ones on earth concerning the years 1917, 1918, and 1925, which disappointment lasted for a time...and they also learned to quit fixing dates." Vindication, page 338.

1941 "Receiving the gift, the marching children clasped it to them, not a toy or plaything for idle pleasure, but the Lord's provided instrument for most effective work in the remaining months before Armageddon." The Watchtower, 9/15/41, page 288.

1968 "True, there have been those in times past who predicted an 'end to the world', even announcing a specific date. Yet nothing happened. The 'end' did not come. They were guilty of false prophesying. Why? What was missing?.. Missing from such people were God's truths and evidence that he was using and guiding them." Awake, 10/8/68.

1968 "Why are you looking forward to 1975?" The Watchtower, 8/15/68, page 494.

Yea, I can tell by their "fruit"!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Tralon... read Deputy Dogs article please let us know WHAT one came to fruition

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

Tralon - I just noticed that you have put up the exact same posting twice, in approximately a quarter-hour interval. What gives?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit