Why Jehovah Witnesses teach a more biblical faith

by tralon 33 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I really can't add much to OTWO's response.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    1.They are united and disciplined from within.

In an unwholesome and unchristian way. The Pharisees did likewise. Paul wrote about those that would beat their brothers.

God cannot be a trinity, because God is simply monotheistic or a single deity.

That is the subject of a whole entire thread of threads! Traditional Christian understanding of who God is does not map to Rabbinic understanding. Also, you ape the WT's mischaracterization that the Trinity is multitheistic. I was a rabid Unitarian at one time, even after I decided I wantes to leave the WT, and I don't change my mind easy. I am not one any longer.

Also the bible teaches man is not naturally immortal, but mortal and waits in the grave til his change comes.

How can man wait if he does not exist? Waiting is for those that are, not those that are not.You equate an older understanding of the state of the soul with truth. Before the coming of Christ the souls of the dead slept in Sheol, Christ went down to the grave and raised up the righteous dead to heaven.

I ask you, just who is knocking on doors telling people about Christ's coming kingdom and man's need to be ready for this change. The Protestant denominations? No.The Catholics? No.Only the Jehovah's Witnesses. So who is really preaching the gospel here?

Knocking on doors is not the only way to teach the truth. And the JWs do not teach the truth to begin with. Where are the sick that the JWs care for? The hungry they feed? This is the practice of the Christian religion and the JWs are noticeably absent.

Lastly, do Protestants and Catholics as a whole live their faith , Or is it a once a week thing on Sunday morning and the rest of the week is business as usual? You tell me. JWs really live their faith everyday. By their fruits you shall know them.

I know of many JWs that lived double lives, that did not live their faith. We have heard here of members of the GB that did despicable things. I know of Protestants and Catholics that do live their faith. We will all be judged as individuals and not by religious affiliation. Having a party card in your wallet is not going to get you very far. The JWs have produced much rotten fruit.

Burn

• AgentSmith
    AgentSmith

Mmmmmm, couragous enough to post and run eh? Convincing argument, you may have thought....

Take some time and read, bud. Things (insert WB&TS) are not always what they seem.

Regards

Agent Smith

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

4. I ask you, just who is knocking on doors telling people about Christ's coming kingdom and man's need to be ready for this change. The Protestant denominations? No.The Catholics? No.Only the Jehovah's Witnesses. So who is really preaching the gospel here?

Who is knocking on doors?- Jehovah's Witnesses admittedly. Are they talking of Christ's coming kingdom or are they sharing a different Gospel? They are teaching to come to their organization for salvation. Where is this mentioned in the Bible as the Gospel to teach? What did Paul say about any who preached a different Gospel than the one they preached?

Gal 1:8But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
    Gal 1:9As we said before, so say I now again, If any [man] preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Exactly what is the work of God that we as Christians need to do? Jesus told us:

Jhn 6:28Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
    Jhn 6:29Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
  • isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Tralon,

Different groups preach in different ways or methods. Scripture does not command the "how".

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

OK, I will tell you why the Trinity doctrine is so difficult to comprehend. It is a parable. Jesus was trying to set people free from a harsh religious system, and needed something strong to do that (to compete with the authorities). The God concept worked, since the bicameral peasants could now get the strength needed to break free of bicameral authorities. And yes, Jesus was God.

However, Paul mistook Jesus' teachings literally. And that started most of the confusion about some Godhead. The real truth is, anyone whose thinking is totally free of mysticism and is a self-leader can become like God, in effect their own God. When I read that in my "secret society" materials, that totally and permanently settled the whole Trinity doctrine for me, without altering a single scripture. It also totally explained all the "miracles" in the Bible, and the "demon" possessions that are listed. It also explained why a "loving" God (which Jehovah is not) would burn people in hellfire. All due to Paul's mistakes.

Anyone that realizes that Jesus' teaching is not to be taken literally for modern man should be able to see the source of the Trinity doctrine. However, to anyone that follows the Bible as religions teach it, the Trinity is a Bible teaching.

• Jenlet
    Jenlet

"Surprizeingly, I am not a JW"

Somehow, I doubt that, but regardless, keep on reading and posting. Using this site will help you progress to spiritual maturity.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

1.They are united and disciplined from within. Protestant denominations are so divided and new ones pop up every week. There is no unity in beliefs in Protestantism. Also I like the discipline part of the Society. If you agree to be a JW then you should conform to the society's teachings and guidance or leave. There is no room for rebellion and that's the way it should be, if order and unity is to be practiced. I see on Youtube.com videos of apostate JWs who ridicule the Watchtower and the Jehovah Witnesses. These are the people who did not want to conform to the Society and so are rebellious and speak evil.

Oh, yes, they are united and disciplined even to the point of turning against abused women and children who have the courage to expose their male Jehovah's Witness abusers. I don't think anyone signs on to be a jw believing that husbands and fathers are allowed to physically and sexually abuse them. The victims who cry out are the very ones on YouTube that you seem to despise and are disfellowshipped by the WTB&TS.

If you don't believe the THOUSANDS of Watchtower survivors who post on this site and at silentlambs.org, stick your head back up your ass and leave the apostates alone.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

4. I ask you, just who is knocking on doors telling people about Christ's coming kingdom and man's need to be ready for this change. The Protestant denominations? No.The Catholics? No.Only the Jehovah's Witnesses. So who is really preaching the gospel here?

the only gospel they are preaching is about their own organisation

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

tralon,

you have not answered any of my questions.

Exactly what gospel are the JW teaching from door to door? It certainly is not the same one Paul mentioned as the only genuine one in Galatians chapter 1. In 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 Paul spelled out exactly what the Gospel was:

1 Now I make known to YOU , brothers, the good news which I declared to YOU , which YOU also received, in which YOU also stand, 2 through which YOU are also being saved, with the speech with which I declared the good news to YOU , if YOU are holding it fast, unless, in fact, YOU became believers to no purpose.

3 For I handed on to YOU , among the first things, that which I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures; 4 and that he was buried, yes, that he has been raised up the third day according to the Scriptures;

verses 5 onward speak of whom he appeared to. This is from the NWT- and since I beleive you are a JW or at least associated with the org- the NWT would be your preferred translation. Certainly not the gospel that Paul preached.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit