Texas......

by closer2fine 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((Cowboy))) - You know I love ya sweetie! You're my favorite Okie! Please don't hold it against me. I can take the wisecracks as good as I dish out the wisecracks!

Andi

• Xena
    Xena

YYYYYeeeeeeHHHHHaaaa a Texas thread!!! Born in Texas...and no matter where I go I always come back...and yes we do have big boobs and hair lol and I used to have a horse....does that count?

Why do all the ex Jdubs living in Dallas????

To all those who said nice things about my home state...thank ya'll kindly...to those who trashed us...just sour grapes cause you aren't from here too!

Thank you for the thread closer it is great!!!!!

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Texas has the best-looking "apostate" women!
    If you have any doubt, look at the two pics above my pointy head.

Gotta love Texas!

"The God that comes before skepticism may bear little resemblence to the God that comes after."
    (M. Scott Peck: The Road Less Traveled)

• Makena1
    Makena1

Hopefully I qualify as a Texan through my mom's side. Her grandmother moved from Ireland (via NY) to Texas in the late 1890's. Settled between Dallas and Houston in Fairfield.

I have been traveling to the state of for the past 20 years, and have always been made to feel like I am welcome.

I don't care for the weather much, but the land, people and size make up for all of it.

Yeeeeehaaaaaaa!

Makena
    Judge: Cowboy, why did you shoot that man?

Cowboy: Your honor, he needed killin'

Judge: Well, there ya go.

• Julie
    Julie

Hey Closer and ya'll

Well little lady, Texas is fine and dandy and all but I am afraid Michigan is another very distinctive looking state too. Not to mention the fact that anyone from Michigan can show you *where* they live in Michigan by using their hand as a map. Yes indeedy, everybody, with at least one hand intact, has their own map of Michigan already. Much easier for the kid on any street in Japan to identify than drawing it in the filth in the street.

Regards,
    Julie

• larc
    larc

Julie,

Why don't you start a Michigan thread. I will contribute.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Julie--recent history shows that most of MI migrated to Texas in 1975-1982 or so. The dreaded invasion of the "Black Taggers".
    That incursion seems to be the cause of the urban sprawl now found in the Houston area. Of course, during the Bush years oil and aerospace dried up in Texas and many of the Michganders returned to their home range.

Being exiled to MI myself (unrelated to any Texas circumstances) I have noticed that the offspring of those folks has caused a great misrepresentation of the terms "cowboy" and "redneck" here in MI. A 4x pickup truck with the stars and bars occupied by race baiting crackers is neither representative of "cowboys" or "rednecks". A Garth Brooks CD and line dancing lessons dont quailfy folks for that either. (anybody know "Merle", "Johhny", "Lefty", or any of the "Opry" greats?) Also straw hats worn after labor day are a dead givaway. Acme and "dingo" boots show the "wanna-bes'" hand, too.

By the way "hillbilly"--- has been defined as a Michigan bean farmer. Being a native Michigander , born of expatriated southern parents, with Oklahoma, Minnesota, and other southern and Great Plains connections in the gene pool. I figured Hillbilly was a good handle for me. Although I do rope , ride, sort cattle, buy and sell hay, own a pick up and stock trailer, since"Cowboy" was in use by an Oklahoman.

I did consider "team roper", "spurs"," goat roper" and" sheepherder" as a handle but most of those terms could be construed as someone into green mowhawk haircuts or bondage by those in the general population.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Cornwallis came up a little short---sour grapes Limey?;-).... My family has left several boys "on the continent" so that you can live free, and even come to the US if you choose to do so. NO thanks needed and I'll be happy to help ya'll in the future if called upon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit