Texas......

by closer2fine 47 Replies latest jw friends

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Dino- you a roper? Horse person.. Ok if you arent somebody has to live in town ;-)

• Dino
    Dino

Andi,
    Guilty as charged!!
    Dino

• Dino
    Dino

Yes Hillbilly, Im a cityslicker and I'm convinced that the best cowboys are from Oklahoma. Give us a holler sometime.
    Dino

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Hill Billy & Closer-2-Fine:

Thank you very much for helping me vent some frustrations today. I appreciated the banter and verbal jousting. It was just what I needed. By the way, secretly, every time I am overseas and find a group of americans somewhere, I ALWAYS hope there is at least one from Texas.

I have always thought that Texans were to the United States what Sicilians are to Italy. A special breed you don't mess with...

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    I have always thought that Texans were to the United States what Sicilians are to Italy. A special breed you don't mess with...

Haha! This is great!

Andi

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

the Irish were especially singled out by ol John Bull as a subhuman species. They did a scientific study and everyting to "prove it".

Most of the "europeans" that settled the Mid west and west were brought here by the rail roads and given land to farm in an effort to build a market for the railroads services.

Every group in every land has been abused by the next group up the pecking order. Dont make it right and I hope we can all get over it and move on. I find great nobility in the Mexicans myself and have enjoyed the hospitality of many --They help to make the PEOPLE of the soutwest as vibrant and resilant as they are today.

Seems to me you may have a big dose of that "cradle to grave" liberalism that makes many of us live in the past, unwilling to forgive former injustices and move on in a spirit of acceptance and assimilation.

You need to take a open minded look at Southern history as a whole also. Northern interlopers (carpetbaggers) did more to set race relations back in this country than anyone. Before you comment, has the KKK ever left a "calling card" on YOUR car? They have on mine I dont talk about making things better I'm a threat to those that live in a world of hate. Not a theorist baby- I've lived among the enemy.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Jesus- Now I wish I was an OKIE... Great grandma was in the landrush as a girl and lived there before statehood.

• uriah
    uriah

Personally I couldn't give a stuff. I am from England where we have History strechting for 100's if not 1000's of years, texas has, what, last week. Sounds like a severe case of inadequacey - yeah I can't spell either

• Cowboy
    Cowboy

Well,I'm from Oklahoma...but I like Texas,it's a cool place.I have family there,and lot's of friends,and if I ever decide to move,Baja Oklahoma would be my first choice.
    Nothing wrong with taking pride in who you are and where you're from and in your heritage...And Texans are the best there is at that...

'Nuf Said
    Cowboy(who might forgive Andi for that "mediocre" crack...if she asks really nice )

We ride and never worry about the fall
    I guess that's just the cowboy in us all

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Uriah,

Your reasoning makes no sense to me whatsoever:

Personally I couldn't give a stuff. I am from England where we have History strechting for 100's if not 1000's of years, texas has, what, last week. Sounds like a severe case of inadequacey
    With your line of logic what happened on September 11th is not worth anything because it's recent. Sounds silly now doesn't it? Yes, be proud of your English history, but appreciate the history that maybe isn't as deep or in the same place. Doesn't make it any less important. The fact that you're so quick to put others down makes you sound like you feel inadequate.

Andi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit