Texas......

by closer2fine 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Enjoy:

There once was a blind man who decided to visit Texas.

When he arrived on the plane, he felt the seats and said, "Wow, these seats are big!" The person next to him answered, "Everything is big in Texas."

When he finally arrived in Texas, he decided to visit a bar. Upon arriving in the bar, he ordered a beer and got a mug placed between his hands. He exclaimed, "Wow these mugs are big!" The bartender replied, "Everything is big in Texas."

After a couple of beers, the blind man asked the bartender where the bathroom was located. The bartender replied, "Second door to the right." The blind man headed for the bathroom, but accidentally tripped over and skipped the second door. Instead, he entered the third door, which lead to the swimming pool and fell into the pool by accident. Scared to death, the blind man started shouting,
    "Don't flush, don't flush!"

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

Utopian Reformist -

So all land that was taken from anyone should be given back? If that happened, which states would be left?

closer

• Dino
    Dino

Hey Hillbilly, not to brag, but multiply the Texas figure 2" times four for me.
    Here's one for you. What do you call a pallbearer north of the red river? Kareoki!!(Carry Okie) Get it?

Dino

• mike047
    mike047

Closer; There would be NONE.

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

As you know, I am in the mood to start trouble today, therefore YES everybody give everybody back their land! How's that for insanity?

Actually as long as Texans are forced to give up Texas I would be satisfied. There's just way too much fuss and braggadocio going on about a beautiful land filled with ************************* people.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Darlin' If we could get hold of that Chicago bastard we would show him some justice with a broomstick wrapped with barbed wire. Now Im not real happy about a perv JW beatin the hell out of a 12 yo either hon---Justice will prevail. I trust Jesus has a plan for that ass hole. What eats me up is the fact that dozens of dubs will testify in open court that this idiot was a saint and the fact that the local elders arent at the jailhouse right now lookin to lynch the sob and his old lady.

Meanwhile what's up with the Mexicans and yard work? My family is IRISH so dont tell me about cultural persecution. The Mexican people are just as downtrodden by the Mexican goverment as they are here. Dont make it right and Im against it, not just in Texas, look at CO, NM,AZ. The Spanish system in Old California and Mexico wasn not a walk in the park for the indigeneous folks either.
    "Stolen" from the Spanish---more like "lost it".

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Dino- thats a good un--- I'll tell that to my buds up in the Great Basin area next time I'm up there.

• Dino
    Dino

Hillbilly, let us know whenever you come to Big D area. We'll all hook up.
    Dino

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Irish, German, English, Scottish, Nordic and other northern european anglo saxon roots are definitely evident in the descendants of the pioneers who settled the west.

However, it is ludicrous to attempt a comparison between the suffering, exploitation, persecution, and oppression of native americans, african americans (yes even out west, plenty of black cowboys) and mexicans to the conditions of the early immigrants from northern europe.

All humans recognize each other's features and similarities and we all know it is easier to bond with someone familiar looking than a stranger of another appearance. The same old violin music and sad stories about "Irish Need Not Apply" have little to do with ethnicity and more to do with lawlessness, drunkeness, theft, illiteracy and vagrancy. Check your research carefully.

Now, just because Mexico was already involved in internal conflicts, and problems with the Spanish and French does not excuse the valiant group of Tenessee volunteers who decided to start a revolution.

The land was originally indian, then spanish, then mexican and now american. Someday, it might end up in the hands of its previous owners.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Dino,

Are you from Dallas too?

Andi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit