Texas......

by closer2fine 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Dino
    Dino

Hey Im from Texas, and I've got a belt buckle so big you can cook a pizza on it!

Dino

• Englishman
    Englishman

The TV series was responsible for many Brits becoming intrigued with Texas.

Just why did JR have a hat band made out of crushed budgerigars?

Englishman.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be....

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Oklahoma--O.K. ----good 'un hon! I like your style. Do you "two step"? Texas woman I have known... great memories... If I was younger I'd do it all again and better.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Okies: 2 inch belt buckle and 10" pecker
    Texas: 10" buckle and 2" pecker

How can you tell a Texan from a truck driver? Tex *has* to have his name spelled out on the back of his belt.

• bboyneko
    bboyneko
    Texas is 183 men standing in a church, facing
    thousands of Mexican nationals, fighting for freedom, who had the
    chance to walk out and save themselves, but stayed.

Texas was stolen from the Mexicans, I think they should have it back. Davy crocket and the others were idiots for trying to defend the alamo, its just a building for goodness sakes. Why is it when people die stupidly they are hailed as heros?

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

hillbilly,

I love to two-step! I'm not good at it, but I love it. Unfortunately, Neil hates country music, so he won't dance with me.

Andi

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

To Hill Billy / Bumpkin / Clod Hopper / Troglodyte:

Obviously I am already aware of the trivial minutiae you listed in your message.

As I mentioned in my first posting on this subject, I am experiencing alot of emotional stress today due to the child abuse story in Chicago.

Therefore, I am looking for outlets (cesspools in Texan-ese) to vent some frustrations. I have already seen or read several of the quips you mentioned concerning statistics and the behavior and differences between rednecks, cowboys, southerners, racists, etc...

But, since an outlet (or victim) is what I need, and you have responded, then you will do just fine. Let the games begin...

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

BB you are usually on the money--- You must not grasp American history very well? The Tejas Republic and Mexico is a deep and interesting story. Hit a library and read up on it. Alamo is just a building? A Living American Monument. Like the Arizona in Pearl Harbor and the American Cemetary at Normandy.

I know you are Columbian so your veiwpoint is not like mine. Rest assured that I will fight to my death for your right to express your opinion and make a living here in our great nation.

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

As Bobby politely mentioned, these states actually belong to Mexico. If anything, they should be returned, which means the majority of the "long horn/short brain" citizens would have to become mexican citizens, and thus a minority.

Perhaps the average texan might enjoy cleaning sanitary facilities and dispensing foods and landscaping?

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Andi- I am a great 2 stepper with 4 Millers inside me and one longneck in the back pocket of my dusty Wranglers... Ms Billy "could be from Texas" duly deputized.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit