Why no dub buzz over the new generation change?

by oompa 40 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Changing the understanding from "a generation of wicked" to "the annointed" is a biggie.

That's from the men in black hats to the men in white hats...as different as day and night. I'm shaking my head. I know that my only and older sister will believe anything because she is so depressed. Her life has not been easy, before or after being fooled into becoming a JW. She desperately clings to the hope that any day, the big A will come and end all of her problems. Her husband is approaching 70 and she is 57. It's sad. He knows more all the time that this is bull, but she controls everything that happens in that house. She threatens to leave him if he so much as bats an eye too hard.

• LadyCC
    LadyCC

Is anyone out there able to share with us a copy of this study article....please please please

• oompa
    oompa

Welcome newbie ladycc! you can use the search feature and type in February 15, 2008 Watchtower, and you will probably find the old links and places you can down load it.....or keep checking back and someone will post a link....there are several threads on this issue......oompa

or you can go to the meeting next week!

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

No buzz in my corner of the world....

Everyones asleep in the tower....

• LadyCC
    LadyCC

Thanks oompa

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

We have been buzzing for months while the average dub doesn't even know the change yet.
    We are a bit obsessed so we expect more reaction. Even when they are aware, many of us
    will see the dub reaction as "Huh, what change?"

I saw no major buzz over the last Generation change. After it took hold, some saw it as
    proof that Jehovah cares, the FDS is always right, etc. You know, "Anything that happens is
    proof that they are right and the end is near." It will be the same this time.

Any prodding on my part will be received as faithlessness. I will probably do it anyway.

I hope I become like the faders who check in every once in a great while and say,
    "What change was that? What are they saying now?" Or even better, I hope I become
    one who doesn't care to even learn what they are saying now.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead
    I saw no major buzz over the last Generation change. After it took hold, some saw it as
    proof that Jehovah cares, the FDS is always right, etc. You know, "Anything that happens is
    proof that they are right and the end is near." It will be the same this time.

Yeah OTWO,

I mentioned this change to my wife again, and she just got upset. She feels like you say, the FDS is always right.

A@G

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Extra! Extra! Read all about it!

The much-requested link for the scans!
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/148561/1.ashx
    Downloadable PDF.

Thanks to AlphaOmega for the post and Fokyc for the scans.

Cheers,
    Baba

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Oops... well it looks like that first link has been overloaded, little wonder with all the excitement! They listed another one... try here:
    http://www.box.net/shared/7efjtrd6os

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

The 1914 Generation change in 1995 was what made me leave the WTS - along with other things, but that was major.

Most in my congregation had no idea what the change was or what it meant. One of the very last talks I gave on the school, shortly after 1995, was to lay out all recent changes in WTS teachings (1914, sheep and goats, etc.) and explain clearly what they all meant so everyone would understand. And, I did it in less than six minutes!

You could have heard a pin drop, and there were all sorts of mouths gaped open. One older sister came up to me after the meeting and said she was shocked that all of this had just gone over her head - and she was one of the better students in the congregation!

Yeah, there be others like me that'll find this too much to take. The rest will miss it completely.

S4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit