Why no dub buzz over the new generation change?

by oompa 40 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

Or have I just missed it? I finally had to tell my active wife about it....the WT lesson is next week but she has not read it yet, and none of her friends have mentioned it to her. Big buzz in 1995 when I was active, but hear very little except here now. Anybody hear a buzzzz???..............oompa

• zeroday
    zeroday

I think most of them are brain numbed from all the changes...they probably don't know what they are suppose to believe and just blindly follow...

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

OK, I'll take a guess! I haven't mentioned it to a soul since others who may also be lurking on apostate websites would think I read it here too. Sooooo.....since no one has mentioned it to me I can only assume they are in fact lurking here and are afraid of revealing themselves as apostates by discussing it beforehand!

It's a possibility though, isn't it? Barely anyone was on the internet back in '95, now every man and his dog is.

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

Hey oomps,

It'll be interesting to see how the generation debacle plays out over the coming 12 to 36 months. Maybe a repeat of the post-1975 exodus???

Cheers,

Alex

• JH
    JH

What's this all about?

Are they still re defiining a generation?

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

No buzz around here. I have lots of family in the org and no one has said a word. I mentioned the door opening and 1935 change to a few JW friends as something interesting and wanted their feedback. They simply said it was a blessing that Jehovah would make the change so that more people could have the opportunity to be part of the anoited. I don't think they get it and I wanted to tell them that Jehovah didn't change anything. However, sometimes silence is better.

I don't think most JW will even know that there had been a change and what it means.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Will someone kindly spell it out or post a link?

• Mickey mouse
  • Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

Two main reasons:
    (1) Many JWs (most of the ones I know) don't read the literature.
    (2) The new light has no effect on Joe Publisher.

I had a discussion with my (very) JW parents about the new generation change. They opined that this change was a very minor refinement. I agreed with them that it's minor--as it relates to the hope of Joe Publisher. But, I pointed out, it is a major doctrinal change. It's a 180-degree shift in the meaning of "generation." From 1995 - 2008, "generation" in Matt. 24 meant wicked people in the last days. Now it means the anointed. How more different can you get?

But, all in all, it's not a major change to the witnesses. It's more of an esoteric theological issue. It doesn't affect the life or hope of the average witness. Thus, it is of much less importance than the 1995 change.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic
    But, all in all, it's not a major change to the witnesses. It's more of an esoteric theological issue. It doesn't affect the life or hope of the average witness. Thus, it is of much less importance than the 1995 change.

But when you combine this with the 1935 door opening change it is a big deal...well at least to me. Actually even on its own its a big deal because shouldn't they have gotten it right the first time? And it does affect the life of the average witness as most of them make their life decisions based on these teachings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit