Stay or leave your spouse after leaving JWs - Do you have regrets?

by Awakened at Gilead 60 Replies latest social relationships

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Shutterbug,

As I said to wings... no kids involved...

• garybuss
    garybuss

I'm not gonna live with no bitch, I don't care what church she goes to.

• Layla33
    Layla33
    She is not happy that I am on JWD... in fact the other day she picked up the keyboard and wanted to throw it accros the room or bash me with it when she saw I was on JWD

The statement I have highlighted in red concerns me a great deal. That's abuse and the threat of bodily harm and I am sorry there is no excuse religious or not for a woman to threaten a man or do something like that to a man. That's not healthy, and no matter what else, you need to think long and hard about being with a person like that.

There is an under-reporting of female to male spousal abuse, if I were you, I would keep a documented account of every time you had a confrontion like that and what was said.

• llbh
    llbh

Hey i am in same positon as you. i have 3 children 2 at home. Oddly enough the oldest who does not live with us had decieded to return to the wts

Living with someone whose beleifs you know and dislike is difficult

You will likely have a hard time i wish you well

Regards David

• llbh
    llbh

Hey i am in same positon as you. i have 3 children 2 at home. Oddly enough the oldest who does not live with us had decieded to return to the wts

Regards David

• llbh
    llbh

Regards David

• ninja
    ninja

I would leave my mrs....but it would make her sooooo happy.......so I'm staying....he he.......just kidding wifey if you ever become apostate and read this

• Galileo
    Galileo

If she is determined to stay in, than I would say make a clean break as quickly as possible. If you have hopes of staying together, I would sit her down and make one final attempt to get her to listen to reason, explain what you've learned in as calm and loving a way as possible, then let her make up her mind. In my opinion, a happy marriage between a half-hearted witness and an unbeliever may be possible, but a happy marriage between a zealot and an unbeliever probably isn't.

My wife and I were together for two years after I let her know I didn't believe this was the truth, and those two years were agony. My regret is that I didn't leave immediately when I realized that having a happy relationship had become impossible. Don't go through with years of unhappiness (on both sides), just for it to end in bitterness anyway years down the road. You have a lot of life left ahead of you. Don't waste any of it.

• cognac
    cognac

ok, I'm in exactly the same position as you.

I'm want out, hubby wants in. I have many family members in, so I prefer to not get d'f...

I've noticed hubby has 2 completely and utterly different personalities. One great, 1 that sucks - that ones called "jw mode"... In other words, he's awesome until he goes into "JW mode"...

Anyways, we have seen a Phyichiatrist and he is our mediator. Hubby can't go into "JW mode" in front of him... So, I can say whatever I want without the crap from him... I have used this to my advantage... He convinced hubby not to do anything to rat me out to the elders until things are settled between us.

So, what I'm saying is... Take a backstep to everything. Look at your mate. Do you want things to work? Are there things you can do to let them see how you feel about things???

Also, I want to move somewhere. This get's me and hubby out of all connections associated with JWs. I also asked him to take 1 month of for us. Hopefully, he will be able to look at things from an outside perspective...

You know what's best for your personal situation. See both sides of what could happen... It may very well work out, or, it may not at all whatsoever... But, in the end, you have to make the choice on how you want to proceed....

• Tara
    Tara

I think it all boils down to whether or not you love each other and want to be married to each other.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit