Would YOU Remain A JW If You Thought The Watchtower Could Be Reformed?

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• tooktheredpill
    tooktheredpill

Alpaca said: "I agree, Minimus, that the few intelligent, thinking elders who remain in the Borg are in for reasons other than being convinced that it is the "TROOF."

Guys: I agree 100% with you both!

The ONLY reason that there are "thinking elders" still inside, is because the BORG has our families "abducted". At least I know 5 fellow Elders that are in the same situation...

There is NO WAY that you can read the Bible, and REALLY analyze the WT information, without starting having questions. Most of the people that I know, does not study. They just highlight the answers in the WT Magazine...

It's horrible what the WT can do to a brain...

TTRP

• minimus
    minimus

They are captives.

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Reform the WT? What for? We need less "organized" religions and more love. Actually John was right: All you need is love. -ootb

• yknot
    yknot

Interesting question, and that is the total reason I was spiritually coasting along 'waiting on Jehovah' and 'not running ahead'!

While anything is possible..... I a die-hard reformist no longer expect to see that happening in my lifetime!

Change only comes about when change is a matter of survival (human nature). Survival for the WTS is money and membership not the kingdom of God. Just refer back to the zone notes posted here on this forum about the Hawaiian and Australian Zone talks. Locsh whines about the possiblility of taxation. Which if you are wanting to give God's things to God and Caesars to Caesar then why bitch about trivial coins and the cotton-paper blended bills that originate from Satan in the first place?

• dawg
    dawg

I don't believe in Jesus.... I just believe in me... Yoko and me...

Neither John Lennon nor I care for Jesus anymore, so I can't be a member of any Christian religion.. period.

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

"Religioned Out" would best describe me.

So, no - I would have no inclination to stay with / return to a reformed Watchtower.
    (Even if there could ever be such a thing).

Jack.

• bavman
    bavman

I stayed in for many years hoping it would be reformed. I thought it was being reformed in the 90's but it seemed to take a step backwards again. After reading Franz's book and learning more about the history of the borg I realized it will never be reformed. It was obvious it would be a waste to stay, so I left.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

No. You say "could be reformed". Do you mean, "did reform?"

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

You know, you can put a new dress on a whore but she is still a whore.

Quirky1

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

What Terry Said!

I mentioned in a post last week that the WTBTS is attracting people who become attached to the earthly org because of an emotional belief, not one based on gnosis and veritas.

I think if those of you that left pre 2000 came back now it would be like coming back to your little home town thats been taken over by walmart.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit