Age wise, what are/were the best years of your life?

by oompa 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Casper
    Casper

Things are great right now.... but, nothing beats those "Young, Carefree" days after I married and left home.

So I would say for me.... 17-to-21

My first husband and I both had good jobs, no children, or major responsibilities... just pure freedom on our

Harley every week-end. It was Wonderful..........

Then of course, reality set in.... and here I am...

Cas

• megaflower
    megaflower

Right now, its a new adventure. not looking back,why ???????????????? it was miserable being control by the wts cult.

• tinker
    tinker

I've never a bad time. I've loved the ride and looking forward to the next 56.

I know, I know, you think I'm nuts. What about that time your husband was Dead in a car crash and you had a little baby and no money and then your dad was DF'd and your brother died and then your sister was nuts and her child was taken away and your daughter got knocked up in hight school and was DF'd and your son grew pot in the back yard and got DF'd...ect ect... so it goes.

shit happens and I learned from every experience. I know for sure that I came through a better person.

Rock On!

• oompa
    oompa

Tinker you are an amazing person, and must be made of pure steel! I have to learn something from that story.......thanks.....oompa

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I've had some bad years and some good years. Even when I had bad years there were good things going on. When I had good years there was some bad.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

My grandmother looked back and said "28" was the perfect age.
    She said you are still young and healthy, but wise enough to avoid doing
    as many stupid things as teens do. You are still struggling with
    money issues and relationships, but that's fun when you look back on it.

I would say that the best years start around 28 and go to 40-ish. I am
    past that point, and still love life, but energy starts to diminish and injury
    starts to take longer to recover from. The latter part of 28-40 is where
    your love life is either settled or you mess it up and start again, and
    money starts to be a bit better for most.

• virgo
    virgo

Age 14-16, 1970-72. Best years of my life. Great music at that time. Had my first kiss, excelled at school, had a fantastic social life. A pity the heavyweight PO put an end to that. Also last year when I became a grandfather. 2 beautiful girls who will never be part of the Borg.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

25 - 35

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I am 50 and looking forward to the second half of my life. I am free of the wt cult and free of the spiritual nazi (a.k.a. the ex-wife).

• JH
    JH

From 17 to 31

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit