Age wise, what are/were the best years of your life?

by oompa 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

This one.

Next year it'll be that one.

My approach to life is to make the very best of the moment. I actively plan how to live each week, month and day with intensity. Last Sunday I spent skiing and laughing with my 12 yo granddaughter. Definitely one of the best days of my life.

That doesn't mean there aren't any bad days. There are - but I don't just let life happen to me - I control as much of it as possible, especially how I feel about life and react to what it brings me.

I also feel that much of the deterioration that comes with age and makes getting old suck is not due so much to age, but to a lack of use. Really serious, intense exercise (not a two mile stroll) is the best antidote to getting old - in the "I ache, I'm fat, I can't do anything, I'm out of shape" getting old.

S4

• TD
    TD

It just keeps getting better

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I was told by my Aunt that sex in the forty's for a woman is awesome, sex was the best ! It is still is good.

although being younger you've got more get up and go. I take each new day as it comes with all its promises, hopes, disappointments. 50 isn't so bad.

hope4others

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

5-12... then the crappiness started. But I haven't been out of the borg very long yet, this year is looking up, and I've still got my health and my youth, and college to look forward to, so it's likely the best is yet future.

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

Early to mid teens - just before the Watchtower Madness took hold.

Jack.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

My son was born when I was 29. That was a good time for me. Other than that I can only hope I get some good years in my future.

• mind my own
    mind my own

Didn't exactly love my 20's. Ever since I turned 30 things have been much better!! I am married to a wonderful man and we have a fantastic life together!! I am hoping from here on in it will be much better b/c the way I see it - I put in my time. I am ready for the next chapter!

MMO

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

Best years of my life was at University. It was absoloutely ace!

It was 4 years of getting drunk, getting smashed, and shagging girls and doing a little bit of studying in between.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I have to concentrate to come up with these because they are not naturally born of memory!

You know the ones you love to speak about!!

Since you say years it can only be infancy = no question!

• spanteach
    spanteach

My 20s were my best years. Within that decade, I got my first apartment, my first REAL job, attended college, learned to speak another language, started doing some serious traveling, and I lived in another country as an exchange student.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit