Did YOU "Do More!" & Yet Feel Worse?

by minimus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Dagney
    Dagney

I always felt guilty for not doing more. And we know guilt is useless emotion.

I agree with the "crap" thing. We are all crap to them.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I felt pretty good as a witness, pioneering, being a ministerial servant, giving talks acting in the drama, from 72-75.

Jan 1, 76 I felt a great loss emptiness and depression, like I had been lied to and decieved.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    Doing more is just a way to get you not to think.

Correct. I am fed up of hearing of people who have candida, allergies, chronic fatigue etc. This is a phenomenon peculiar to JW's. In the world it's called depression. People get counselling, some tablets and address the issue. I see a lot of frantically busy, depressed JW's in our cong.

• minimus
    minimus

And of course we should really be careful talking against the Truth to therapists.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Explain this to me if you please cuz I just realised it:

How come I found great pleasure in spending 6 hours shovelling horse shit rather than going to the KH than knocking doors?

Even though I got midged (bitten) to death which is my next worse summer experience!

And seeing the disapproval on my exwifes face still didnt take away all the pleasure I got getting full of $hit and spreading it around!!

Like being in the $hit was therapy for not being in Kingdumb Hell Terror!

I was loving being in the $hit as my only option!!!

OMG what do the WTBTS do to people????

• greendawn
    greendawn

Doing more will make you feel worse because things go more out of balance when comparing what a JW gives compared to s/he receives. The JWs as a community or even more so as the WTS organisation (corporation) demand a lot and give little if anything in return.

That creates a lot of inner turbulance especially to those that do not believe any longer God will reward later for all the aggro a JW has to go through.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I remember one BOE meeting the TMSO went on a huge rant - it is always do more, more, more. No matter what you do it is not enough. It makes me feel down and depressed when I do more

TRUE STORY

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy
    wait on Jehovah

Sounds more like stick your head in the sand and all your problems will vanish.

I can still remember the crap they would say. I new several pioneers that were on welfare. LYING to the county about unable to find work so the government could subsidize their ministry. Do more and do more, oh ya and never, ever, ever, ever, never, ever, never, ever forget.....DO MORE!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

"Wait on Jehovah". And Jehovah will keep you waiting all your life--remember, He can easily outwait any of us, and we will die empty of heart while He chalks up another great game of Deprive The God-Machine and Put Him In the Value Destroyer Training School. And, He hopes for the Bonus: Using you to start the Second Dark Ages.

Notice that no matter how much you do, any "benefit" is just an illusion. It only takes attention away from the problems, which are still there. Often, if not always, it adds more problems where none needed exist. And, if you want to be sure of being sexually repressed, then by all means do ever more field circus and do everything the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger tells you to and obey all those fxxxing signs at the Grand Boasting Sessions. It works every time.

• minimus
    minimus

When folks wait on Jehovah they sometimes get disappointed. Many waited to get married, have children, get medical help, pay off mortgages, go to school, etc. and what was the result? You know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit