What do we have to do to get Gods' Attention

by LouBelle 87 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

This is *if* you believe in God / a God / Gods.

There are moments when I sit down and have a conversation, almost with myself, because even though I am looking up at the heavens/searching my soul, there is no answer, no supernatural feeling, it is quiet and still, but I speak the words just in case there is something listening.

If there is a god and he is all that he claims to be through all the religions on this earth, why doesn't he rule us as a god should? Why doesn't he come on down and sort out this world? Why does he allow so much evil to go unpunished?

My heart breaks so much when I read about the gross atrocities people have to face: mudering, rape, torture, hunger, pain, suffering on such scales that it frightens me. I cry for people that go to war and fight for something they believe in (for both sides) For children/people that have to live through abuse and their little hearts ask why?? and they pray to god for relief and NOTHING COMES.

How many years have been people calling to god to help, how many more years will they continue to call. And all they get back from the heavens is stone cold silence. If there is a god his ears are deaf, or he no longer cares about his creation. He has abandonned the very people he supposedly died for!

He hasn't made himself known since the days of Jesus (again that is *IF* you believe in it) What makes people believe that he ever will again. Because a bible tells you so? Why leave a book so full of information that can be easily misinterperated as a guid?

We cannot rely on god. We can only rely on ourselves and each other. I commend people that are trying to at least make a difference more than I can commend god - god isn't trying to do anything.

There is no god, though I wish there was, and I wish he was more like superman.

• lavendar
    lavendar

Hello LouBelle,

These are some of the toughest questions out there for sure. I empathize with what you're feeling. I can only speak for myself. I know there are people on this board who won't agree with me, but that's okay. Not everyone is at the same "place" in life. Everyone is different.

I wouldn't give up my personal relationship with God for ANYTHING in the world. Note I didn't say religion. There's a big difference between RELIGION and a RELATIONSHIP. I know God is real. I know this deep, deep down in my spirit. He is my best friend.

Even if a person is a Christian, their life is not neccesarily a bed of roses all the time. There is sadness, suffering, etc. amongst the happiness & joy. But, it's during the LOW times that you learn life's most valuable lessons, I would say. And when you have the Lord to lean on, it makes the road so much better.

I can understand why you have the thoughts and feelings you do regarding God. You were brought up in the WTS.....but the Witnesses' "god" is not the true God of the Bible. These wonderful people are sadly being deceived by the Governing Body of the WTS, and are serving a counterfeit "god". My heart goes out to them because of this, and I pray they'll see the light someday.

All I can say is.....this life we're living is but a TINY FRACTION compared to eternity. I'm looking forward to the eternity part.

Lavendar

• worf
    worf

Lou Belle,

Interesting thoughts.

If a father here on this earth allows his family,or children to suffer health problems, hunger, financial problems, fighting among themselves, without doing something about it, he is looked at as being negligent. And sometimes is charged legally with the possibility of being imprisoned.

According to the conditions under which many people on this earth live, and without any intervention from God, "God" (if a person believes in God), is acting in the same negligent way as a negligent earthly father.

"God" has never intervened to stop any war, disease, depression, recession, epidemic, hunger, lack of clean water in certain countries, the Crusades, the Childrens Crusade, WW1, WW2, The Black Plague, The Influenza of 1918-1919, earthquake, tornado, hurricaine, etc. etc. etc.

Billions of humans have died in these events and "God" never did one thing to intervene even though "God" supposedly has the power to do so.

The answer is as you concluded: There is no "God".

Worf

• Satanus
    Satanus

Accurate observations. My own experiences while still a christian were similar. I had gone to a few churches and tried the direct approach, in the the tradition of the mystics. God never showed. However, my long dead brother did.

S

• Casper
    Casper
    What do we have to do to get Gods' Attention

Trying to think what got his attention in the OT.... I don't know, "Animal Sacrifices", maybe.................

Cas

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Hi Lavender. I appreciate your sincerity and believe it or not do understand where you are coming from. When I left the JWs 3 years ago and started on my new quest of finding the true god, I went to a great apostolic church and saw the sincerity and love these people had for Jesus - It moved me greatly. I even believed that god was working so directly in my life - very difficult to explain that feeling.

But I still have to question that if he exists, he is not as loving as he portrays in the new testiment. One needs only hear about stories in Rowanda and other similar places, one only has to hear about children being tortured so badly to make your heart bleed and shake your fists at the heavens and scream at him - ""why??? you're so loving why????""

and there is naught but silence.

• BFD
    BFD

The silence is deafening.

BFD

• lavendar
    lavendar

I hear you, LouBelle. There is....and always has been pain, misery and suffering in this world. It is heartbreaking. So, what do we do? We blame God for it. But why do we do that? Just as there are GOOD people on this planet....there are also EVIL people. People who are controlled by evil and inflict their wickedness on others. I know this saddens God much more than we can fathom. But because He gave His creation a will to say, do and think according to their own consciences, that obviously creates problems when some are controlled by evil forces.

I know there have been many, many people (young & old) who HAVE been miraculously protected by God....whether it was a car accident, child abduction, house fire, rape, etc. Then, there are other people who don't "fare as well". There are so many things in this life I don't understand. And I plan to ask the Lord someday. I have lots of questions.

What I'm feebly trying to say......is please don't let the atrocities and injustices of some evil people keep you from a wonderful relationship with God. He loves you.....

Lavendar

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Satanus - I've pmed you.

Lavender: I don't blame god for peoples actions - but if there is a god he could do something about it. I'm constantly in search Lavender, at times I feel as close to "some" god out there as a newborn to it's mother and other times there is nothing.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    There are moments when I sit down and have a conversation, almost with myself, because even though I am looking up at the heavens/searching my soul, there is no answer, no supernatural feeling, it is quiet and still, but I speak the words just in case there is something listening.

You pray without faith.

That is the problem.

And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him

He hasn't made himself known since the days of Jesus (again that is *IF* you believe in it) What makes people believe that he ever will again.

He makes himself known constantly, in everything.

Because a bible tells you so? Why leave a book so full of information that can be easily misinterperated as a guid?

The book was never meant to be a guide, but as a resource.

Burn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit