What do we have to do to get Gods' Attention

by LouBelle 87 Replies latest jw friends

• Galileo
    Galileo

Welcome jwblog! It seems by your answer you are a current jay - dub. Forgive me if that's not the case. Either way, let me share some information with you. It is apparent that virtually all of your information comes from one (biased) source, probably the WTB&TS. Many of your claims are more complicated to get in to, so let me focus on one:

Geologic evidence coincides with biblical accounts.

This is about as far from the truth as you can get. Let's take the flood for instance. It is an impossibility. There is not a reputable geologist alive that will tell you that a global flood happened four to five thousand years ago. Here's a site for reference http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-noahs-ark.html, although a google search will net you as much reference material as you care to read. The entire page is good material, although the part that deals with the geologic evidence starts at point 7.

In general, this is my favorite source of information on Jehovah's Witnesses: http://www.jwfacts.com If you're wondering about my credentials, I am a former MS, regular auxillary pioneer, was married to a regular pioneer. I hope your search leads you to the truth.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

jwblog, I believe your premises are wrong:

Well, the bible is the only source we have for guidance and direction.

All God left us is a book? Give Him more credit than that!

Geologic evidence coincides with biblical accounts. World history also coincides with biblical accounts. Things written in the bible were written before they actually occurred; hance a book of prophecy was given to humans in order to build faith while Gods Will takes place.

The Bible is not a history or a science book. It is not a definitive guide for believers. It is an ancient resource for those that already understand the Christian faith. It always was.

A foolish man builds his house on sand. It will not surivive the storm.

Jesus is the Rock. He is our source for guidance and direction.

Coincidentally I was an MS, a regular pioneer, and my wife also.

Blessings,

Burn

• jwblog
    jwblog
    Welcome jwblog! It seems by your answer you are a current jay - dub. Forgive me if that's not the case. Either way, let me share some information with you. It is apparent that virtually all of your information comes from one (biased) source, probably the WTB&TS. Many of your claims are more complicated to get in to, so let me focus on one:
    Geologic evidence coincides with biblical accounts.
    This is about as far from the truth as you can get. Let's take the flood for instance. It is an impossibility. There is not a reputable geologist alive that will tell you that a global flood happened four to five thousand years ago. Here's a site for reference http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-noahs-ark.html, although a google search will net you as much reference material as you care to read. The entire page is good material, although the part that deals with the geologic evidence starts at point 7.
    In general, this is my favorite source of information on Jehovah's Witnesses: http://www.jwfacts.com If you're wondering about my credentials, I am a former MS, regular auxillary pioneer, was married to a regular pioneer. I hope your search leads you to the truth

Thank you for the warm welcome. I am not a current JW as you refer to one as. I read some info from the link you provided. To answer a few of the writers questions. Fish swim so no need to rescue fish and all those that swim. Birds fly, others can find refuge correct? God can guide His creation by Holy Spirit evident by the swines being led over the cliff and many more wonders. So He can easily guide the animals to the Ark. I have a question for you. Did the Ark drift aimlessly through the waters?

Did the cities mentioned in the bible exist? What about Solomons temple and Zerubabel (sp) temple? Did they exist and who built them? And what exactly is your theory about the origin of man? And what truth are you talking about? The teachings that JW's give. It is written that all men will be proven to be liars correct?

What is it you have to teach me that might better my life? I am reading intently :)

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Thank you for the warm welcome. I am not a current JW as you refer to one as. I read some info from the link you provided. To answer a few of the writers questions. Fish swim so no need to rescue fish and all those that swim. Birds fly, others can find refuge correct? God can guide His creation by Holy Spirit evident by the swines being led over the cliff and many more wonders. So He can easily guide the animals to the Ark. I have a question for you. Did the Ark drift aimlessly through the waters?

Did the cities mentioned in the bible exist? What about Solomons temple and Zerubabel (sp) temple? Did they exist and who built them? And what exactly is your theory about the origin of man? And what truth are you talking about? The teachings that JW's give. It is written that all men will be proven to be liars correct?

What is it you have to teach me that might better my life? I am reading intently :)

Ecce homo!

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

What do we have to do to get Gods' Attention?

Stop looking for what we think "God" is in old books. Any label we create as "God" is not the great reality of the universe, it is just our tiny label.

I believe that what we try to call "God" is the universe/multiverse becoming aware of itself, possibly through us and other life forms.

All the old dusty books that point to "God" could be looked at as pointing to an universal autoimune disorder in reality/awareness. But that would imply that reailty is a disease or a mistake, and I don't believe that. I believe that in the struggle to achieve awarness, having obstacles or resistance can make us stronger or force us to evolve, but a great many will die along the way.

• jwblog
    jwblog

The Bible is not a history or a science book. It is not a definitive guide for believers. It is an ancient resource for those that already understand the Christian faith. It always was.

A foolish man builds his house on sand. It will not surivive the storm.

Jesus is the Rock. He is our source for guidance and direction.

Coincidentally I was an MS, a regular pioneer, and my wife also.

Blessings,

Burn

How about the historical account of Adam, Noah, Moses, Jesus. Is that not history? A book of science? Who decided to call Gods universal laws science? Which book described the earth as round or spherical? You cannot even begin to call Christianity without the name Jesus Christ. So who thought of Christianity to begin with other then the one that planted the seed of Christ within his mothers womb? Christianity would not exist without the teachings Christ brought forth. What is it you truly mean?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    What is it you truly mean?

The greatest idolatry being perpetrated today is by those who have substituted finite religious text for an infinite God. Some extreme elements within Christianity are unable to distinguish between God and God’s written word.

God’s fixed word has in some sense taken the place of God’s infinite being. Idolatry is when one confuses a partial truth for a whole truth, or when one makes a relative into an absolute.

What many fail to realize is that God is an eternal Being. The struggle each of us engages in every day is keeping that eternity present.

The Bible is a book about the Revelation, it is not the Revelation itself.

The Revelation has not ceased.

Base your faith on the book, and you build on sand.

Do not worship the text, but the Author.

Burn

• jwblog
    jwblog

What I mean is that the Bible is a book about the Revelation. It is not the Revelation itself.

The Revelation has not ceased.

Base your faith on the book, and you build on sand.

Do not worship the book, but the Author.

Burn

The book of Revelations is a book of predictions or prophecy that was first revealed to John then to many, many upon the earth. This was in order to provide warning of all the many harmful things to take place in mans time table. You worship the Creator by adhering to the laws found in the book. There were those that God spoke to directly in the beginning and will occur again in the end. The Alpha and The Omega the beginning and end.Many believe we are in the "end times" do you?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    The book of Revelations is a book of predictions or prophecy that was first revealed to John then to many, many upon the earth. This was in order to provide warning of all the many harmful things to take place in mans time table. You worship the Creator by adhering to the laws found in the book. There were those that God spoke to directly in the beginning and will occur again in the end. The Alpha and The Omega the beginning and end.Many believe we are in the "end times" do you?

jwblog, I edited my comment above heavily, please read it again. Sorry

What I mean is that the Bible is a book about the Revelation of God to Man. It is not in itself that Revelation. Whenever we reduce something to mere words, we lose meaning. Words are symbols. Symbols are about things, and not the things themselves.

As for the book of the Revelation to John, I believe in an end times, an end of history, when Jesus will judge mankind.

I do worship the creator by adhering to his laws, and his laws are not only written in the book we call the Bible. His laws are written in the natural world, the work of His hands. It is revealed in the inner voice of conscience He has given all men, because he does not abandon the entire human family, but provides good things to all. It is written also in the traditions handed down through many generations in the Body of Christ, His Church, which has the authority to explain the meaning of Scripture.

Burn

• jwblog
    jwblog

jwblog, I edited my comment heavily, please read it again. Sorry

What I mean is that the Bible is a book about the Revelation of God to Man. It is not in itself that Revelation. Whenever we reduce something to mere words, we lose meaning. Words are symbols. Symbols are about things, and not the things themselves.

As for the book of the Revelation to John, I believe in an end times, an end of history, when Jesus will judge mankind.

I do worship the creator by adhering to his laws, and his laws are not only written in the book we call the Bible. His laws are written in the natural world, the work of His hands. It is revealed in the inner voice of conscience He has given all men, because he does not abandon the entire human family, but provides good things to all. It is written also in the traditions handed down through many generations in the Body of Christ, His Church, which has the authority to explain the meaning of Scripture.

Burn

I did read it again and again. Your write philosophically and I have met many that think like you do.You find a deeper meaning into things in creative thought. You are well versed, very spiritual, and your words are well written. Words carry strength as they an build, encourage, and also reduce a person to nothing. They hurt, they divide, and cause many emotional scars. So a bridled tongue is a worthy trait to learn and nurture. I agree with what you say but all things had their origin whether written or not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit