In Memorandum of Charlie Heston.

by AK - Jeff 48 Replies latest social current

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080406/ap_on_en_mo/obit_heston_14

What artistic achievements of this great actor stand out to you?

RIP

Jeff

• carla
    carla

End of an era when a legend like him goes. I thought he was great as Moses and Ben Hur, I had no idea his own baby played baby Moses.

• BFD
    BFD

A sad day, indeed. He was awesome as Ben Hur. I just watched that movie last weekend with my nephew.

RIP, Charlton Heston

BFD

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

A fine actor for his era. I think he did not play many parts outside his "type" and we never saw what he could really do.

CH was the best president the NRA (National Rifle Association) ever had . If you agree with A2 or not when you heard Heston speak you knew where he stood,

Hill

• Casper
    Casper
    End of an era when a legend like him goes. I thought he was great as Moses and Ben Hur

I agree, so sad....

Cas

• boyzone
    boyzone

Saw Bowling for Colombine.

Kinda put me off ole Charlie

Good actor, bad at answering hard questions.

Come to think of it, he'd have made a good JW.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Has anyone pried the gun from his hand yet?

• BrentR
    BrentR

Alzheimer’s disease does not exactly allow you to be sharp as a tack when it comes to anwering questions.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

In response to......

Has anyone pried the gun from his hand yet? They took it away from him when Alzheimer's set in...... Q

• JeffT
    JeffT

Found this on wikipedia:

When an Oklahoma movie theater premiering his movie was segregated, he joined a picket line outside in 1961. [10] During the civil rights march held in Washington, D.C. in 1963, he accompanied Martin Luther King Jr. In later speeches, Heston said he helped the civil rights cause "long before Hollywood found it fashionable." [11]

The man always stood up for what he thought was right. And he was a great actor, although every career the size of his contains a couple of clunkers (Soylent Green, Earthquake) its hard to picture the Ten Commandments or Ben-Hur with some one else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit