In Memorandum of Charlie Heston.

by AK - Jeff 48 Replies latest social current

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

"Get your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape!"

I like to quote this favorite line from Planet of the Apes to Mr. Bee occasionally.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

its not blind prejudice, I just dont like guns. Its my opinion, not anything im trying to enforce on anyone else. And I didnt like the way CH supported a cause I personally oppose. Im entitled to my opinion and im entitled to dislike the gun lobby and famous supporters of same. I might be wrong, they might be wrong. Thats the beauty of opinions. You are allowed to have them.

• flipper
    flipper

AK JEFF- Good topic ! I thought Charlton Heston played a better Moses than Moses did himself ! LOL! Like Dawg, I also enjoyed watching him in " The Omega Man" about being the last normal guy on earth after a nuclear war. Interesting sidenote on that movie being it was the early 1970's his co-star actress was Pam Grier , a black actress , so the screen chemistry for that time period in this countries history was unique - a white man kissing a black lady. At the same time early 1970's Raquel Welch was starring opposite Jim Brown in a western movie playing his love interest. A white woman with a black man ! I'm sure glad we have moved beyond the stereoypes of those years when people were making big deals about inner racial romances ! I tip my hat to Charles and Raquel for breaking the stereotypes and making a statement in Hollywood for interracial relationships ! At that time in history- it took courage to do so ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• beksbks
    beksbks

I'm pretty sure he was an anti-simianite

I tend to vote democratic and consider myself to be a social liberal and a fiscal conservative. I can't say I've loved everything Charlton Heston has done, but then again, I can't say that about anyone on this planet.

Put simply, the man is a legend. And yes, the rights he fought for as the head of the NRA are important. His time here is over, but he will forever live on in history as one of the greatest actors of all time.

RIP, Charlton Heston!!!!

• BrentR
    BrentR
    an anti-simianite

Groans.........

• avishai
    avishai
    As for Heston, he was a homophobic, anti-semitic, misogynist racist much admired by none other than Daivd Duke. Heston trivialized the Holocaust. A case could be made for Heston's acting skills, but as a person, he was hateful and vile. And this fact made him the ideal spokesman for the paranoid organizational collective known as the N.R.A. - a group that is even more dangerous to American society than all of the religious cults combined.

Your statement is especially ironic as he was instrumental in breaking the color barrier as head of the SAG when it came to persons of color working as tech's. David Duke riding his coattails and endorsing him has about the same amt of validity as Farrakhan endorsing Obama. It does'nt mean shit.
    He stood up for what he believed, and for the rest of us. Also, Michael Moore BLATANATLY lied by misrepresenting Heston in Bowling for Columbine with his fast cut and paste editing. Just look at the background's and the suit Heston is wearing, it's two different speeches spliced into one.

Are you honestly saying that the NRA is more dangerous to the USA, than, say, Wahabi Islam? Your post is hateful, vile, and misinformed.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Love the man. Loved his movies. My favorite? The Omega Man, seen at the Fox Theater in Atlanta with my maternal grandparents. The Fox theater is one of the great movie palaces.

But, and this is a big but, haven't any of you noticed how melodramatic his acting is? Andy and I were watching The 10 Commandments and realized how cheesy the special effects were and how silly and overacted the movie seemed compared to movies of today. Yes, he is a legend, but watch some of his movies today and see if you don't think he is one of the greatest overactors to ever win an Oscar. And I say this very affectionately: you gotta love Charlton.

My mother loved him in a serious crush-like way. I hope she is up there shmoozing with him now.

• JeffT
    JeffT

FHN, I think it was the directors back then. A lot of movies, especially those big epics, are dreadfully overacted.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Thanks Brent

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit