In Memorandum of Charlie Heston.

by AK - Jeff 48 Replies latest social current

• smiddy
    smiddy

Planet of the apes: The scene where taylor is b4 the 3 judges (apes) one with his paws over his eyes,one with his paws over his ears,and one with his paws over his mouth.Classic subtlety at it`s best.( see no evil hear no evil speak no evil )< to them>They couldn`t face the TRUTH.Doesn`t that remind you of a judicial committee ?

smiddy

• heathen
    heathen

He was one of my all time favorite actors . 10 commandments is IMO one of the greatest films every made. The cast was phenomenal. Omega man , ben hur and planet of the apes are some of my all time faves . I don't know much of his personal life but can say he was a great actor .

• boyzone
    boyzone

Jeff

This thread was to remember Charlton Heston right? In Memorium yes? That means the good and the bad about him. Its not just a thread to HONOR the man.

When I made a reference to Witnesses and the way they respond to criticism of Rutherford I was comparing your reaction to my less than favourable views of Heston. They were the same. If you didn't like the comparison, don't react like a Jdub every time you hear things you don't want to. It has NOTHING to do with how you felt about gun control. Stop changing the subject and tying to act all aggrieved. Thats called a red herring.

Heston was an admirable man in many ways. In his involvement with the NRA I believe he wasn't showing us his better side. That is my opinion. Others agree with me on here and others don't, that's fine by me. So stop being so silly about this

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

How did I attract a troll to this thread?

I was trying to honor a great man who passed and now I have to try and defend my own thread against assholes!

Mods please seal this one. I am tired of this guy violating the posting rules here.

Jeff

• mouthy
    mouthy

Oh the kids are at it again "GO TO YOUR ROOMS ALL OF YOU!!!!!"

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Oh the kids are at it again "GO TO YOUR ROOMS ALL OF YOU!!!!!"

I guess you are right, Grace-Mom. [as I sulk into my bedroom, head held low, and sullen.] Jeff

• undercover
    undercover

You missed a great opportunity Jeff:

"Get your hands off my thread, you damn, dirty troll!"

• Gregor
    Gregor

One of his best was Will Penny. He always referred to that film as his personal favorite. In his actors journal book he tells how he impulsively told a producer that he would do the film Major Dundee for nothing if he would hire the controversial Sam Peckinpah to direct. Not thinking he would be taken up on his offer, he did the film and sure enough they held him to his promise and he received no pay.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Interesting story Gregor. Thanx for sharing that.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit