What To Say When Someone Says "If U Can Find A Religion That's Better......

by minimus 56 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I dont argue religion any more. But for the sake of your question. The JW's prophecied falsely about 1975 and according to scripture they should be taken out and stoned.

Why do we need religion? We have the internet.

Religion, is just a stop on the road of life. Some stay longer than others. Some die at the station.

• erandir
    erandir

I would use a couple cliches: "Religion is a snare and a racket." and "It takes one to know one." (No doubt that 1st phrase is familiar to a typical dub.)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I would tell them I did. I worship the Devil. That ought to shut them up--there is nothing like being put below Devil worship to pxxx them off.

• lavendar
    lavendar

A person doesn't need a religion or a church building to love & serve God. Religion is MAN'S way of trying to reach up to God.

The Lord simply says: "Cometo ME, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

Similar question posed to me by my mother when I told her I didn't consider myself a Witness any longer.

Do you think you can find a better religion than JW?

I said, "I have definitely found a more loving religion, and according to Jesus that is how we should measure his true religion."

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

They are obsessed with organization , they crave being told what they can and cannot do,they love being told when they can shite,pee,what they can watch, etc etc , had this conversation with my old man many times alas JW's cannot clearly see a prospect of worship without an organization and struggle to put the concept together, so its imprortant to try and steer them clear of that question not easy I know

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Does better mean it has God's blessing? I suppose a religion like the Catholic religion is better than the Children of God. The Children of God taught that women should go out and sleep with men as "hookers for Jesus" to reach out to those in need. Ok, in a broad sense Catholics seem better since they don't send women out as prostitutes to spread the word. Are Catholics now approved by God?

• minimus
    minimus

Yeah, better than what?? Everything is relative!

Why is spirituality so necessary????

• flipper
    flipper

I just tell them . There are no religions better or worse. They are all the same . Just different beliefs trying to control their members. If a person wants to be religious there is a wide variety out there for them to choose ! None of them are any better than the other - in my opinion. Of course I'm not religious- perhaps I'm a bit negatively biased ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Sirona
    Sirona
    Why is spirituality so necessary????

For some people its a large part of their life. For others, spirituality doesn't come into their life.

It isn't necessary for everyone. I think those who find it necessary are those who can't separate sprituality from who they are.

Sirona

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit