What To Say When Someone Says "If U Can Find A Religion That's Better......

by minimus 56 Replies latest jw friends

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

This is a typical trick used to divert attention away from what is really at issue

Either the Watchtower has been chosen by God or it has not. If it has then let us follow them, if they have not then there is no reason to look down on people who do not stick with the organization. Check the evidence and see if the organizations claims stand on their own. No need to talk about any other religion other than the Watchtower. Can't they prove they are the truth by simply talking about themselves and not other groups?

I find this response actually quite amusing. It is somewhat assuming that even if there are major problems to be found, or truths that turn out to be false there still is a reason to stick around no matter what. It's the closest a JW will usually ever get to admitting that he may not have the truth but he doesn't really care if he does.

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

It's about spirituality and truth, not about religion,
    necessarily.

Spirituality and truth come first.

• minimus
    minimus

Well said, Drew!

The problem is you can have spirituality as a JW but not have truth.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Freedom of religious slavery

• garybuss
    garybuss

You wrote: "What To Say When Someone Says "If U Can Find A Religion That's Better......"

Which part of 100% wrong 100% of the time, no friends, and no food, will I be trying to improve on?

• minimus
    minimus

C'mon, Gary, everyone makes a mistake.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    This is a typical trick used to divert attention away from what is really at issue

Either the Watchtower has been chosen by God or it has not. If it has then let us follow them, if they have not then there is no reason to look down on people who do not stick with the organization. Check the evidence and see if the organizations claims stand on their own. No need to talk about any other religion other than the Watchtower. Can't they prove they are the truth by simply talking about themselves and not other groups?

Drew, can I hang out with you?

I like it. I will adapt to my own discussions.

• Sirona
    Sirona

I'm not Christian but for the purposes of speaking to JWs I usually say

"There are many Christian religions out there who follow Jesus's teachings to the letter. They meet together regularly, they preach, they love one another and they do lots of charity work in the community. Those I've met know that God's name is Jehovah too. I was surprised that they knew, but they do. I was also surprised that they knew all about Jesus's ransom sacrifice just the same as the JWs teach. The difference I find is that they accept people outside of the faith in a loving way, just like Jesus accepted sinners".

Usually this is followed by a stunned silence.

Then I finish with

"If you could check out these other groups, I'm sure you'd find them yourself. So you see, there is "somewhere to go" if you leave the Watchtower organisation".

Then I put on my smug face.

I do actually know that this is true aswell because I have met Christians like that. I just don't think they exist everywhere, but then people are people!

Sirona

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I would love to say there are some lovely witches who can introduce you to circle time in the nude under a full moon in order to find out who you really are - but they weren't happy with my humour and shunned me! And I still want to be one of them! Which is a big difference from the WTS who I choose not to go back to!

• oompa
    oompa

I would just say, pick any religion that does not shun children, and that instructs family members not be able to talk to each other.........oompa

talk aboud disunity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit