In Memory of Martin Luther King.....

by BlackPearl 15 Replies latest jw friends

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

Sitting here listening to the O'Jays with my morning coffee, remenescing about my childhood and teen years and all the great African American friends I had. So..from a White American Male, I just want to shout out my love to any and all my Black brothers and sisters. Life is too short for the prejudice and hatred.

I love you guys.

BP

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

momz

• Gopher
    Gopher

MLK's message was about harmony and equal opportunity not only among blacks and whites, but among all various groups and nationalities. This is becoming more crucial as the world becomes more intermixed, and you are more likely these days to find yourself with people from all parts of the world living right in your home town. Recently I have worked with people from Europe, Asia and Africa right here in formerly white-bread Minneapolis.

• Casper
    Casper
    Life is too short for the prejudice and hatred.

I couldn't agree more.

Cas

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

alt

Thanks for this thread, BlackPearl! It's eerie. He could be speaking about America today. His words should be played today in every classroom, in every school in America. If we don't remember the past, we are sure to repeat it.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

A small snippet of Martin Luther King Jr's last speech:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0FiCxZKuv8

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

One ex-JW friend once asked me, 'Now who has really done the most for the black man, the Rev. Martin Luther King or the Watchtower Society'?

We both laughed, for the answer was obvious!

Outaservice

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

If only Dr. King had been here to bring his influence to this country for the past 40 years, it would be a far, far better place.

• XOCO
    XOCO

*cheers*

XOCO

• dinah
    dinah

You have to wonder if things would be different had we not lost Dr. King so early in the civil rights movement.

April 4 always gets me sooo upset. It was senseless.

Anyway, here's my song for yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJCGYn_nhGQ

U2 Pride (in the name of love)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit