different congregations

by BR25 20 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

As stated, individuals are great. Many JW's are warm, concerned, caring, helpful.

I didn't have any problem with the congregation I faded from. It's the organization that's
    the problem. It uses well-intentioned people. It got us to spin our wheels on a false prophecy.

Congregations do get a certain reputation- then the mind control cult tries to convince them
    that the best reputation is a "pioneer spirit" for a congregation that sells a bunch of magazines
    and recruits a bunch. Some congregations are social, others are anti-social, at many you get
    a "church" feeling.

• Gordy
    Gordy
    As stated, individuals are great. Many JW's are warm, concerned, caring, helpful.

That is until you upset things.

At a time when my family and I needed help, support and love. People we had known for 25+ years turned their backs on us.

These "warm, concerned, caring , helpful people." Managed to persuade my wife to get me out the family home, because I had depression. Therefore a "spritual danger" to the family. This eventually led to three of us disassociating and two rejecting the WT altogether. Of the three still left in, two are just about hanging on. So who was the "spiritual danger" then?

• Honesty
    Honesty

The organization corrupts the congregations.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

That is until you upset things.

At a time when my family and I needed help, support and love. People we had known for 25+ years turned their backs on us.

You're right. Many JW's are "warm, concerned, caring and helpful as long as you are useful in the congregation. When you get sick or old, most of these people disappear. I've always said, the few acts of kindness that you do see are not because of the organization, but despite the organization.
  • chickpea
    chickpea

without restating all of it..... they are all filled with people adhering to a highly flawed, manipulative and controlling organization that has doctrines and practices that destroy families and individual lives

heartworming is an appropriate typo

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There were congregations with some spirit during the 1980s. Then, gradually, the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger took that away, homogenizing everything, and weeded out those who wanted to put some life into the witless experience. They continue this sterilization to this date. Pretty soon, they are all going to be identical in every way.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

In my first congregation I could not get SM items, WT reader, IT and BH on the school. I moved congregations, was immediately reappointed MS and within 3 weeks was giving BH and IT on the TMS and then 1 month after that SM items on the SM + demonstartions etc. 6 months later I gave a full Public Talk. Yes the congregation one attends has a big effect especially if you have an asshole of a PO who thinks he is congregation servant from old

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

I do believe some congregations are more spiritually minded and or friendly than others. I was in one congregation when I got reinstated that had a very haughty bunch of overseers in it. I never saw such selfish and unloving people as in that congregation. It was near a big city and most of the people were well off. I moved to a smaller town shortly after and the people there were much nicer. BUT I soon discovered that it all comes out the same in the end because they are all clones and have their own problems which over ride them being able to help you when you need it. I left because I was not able to get spiritual and physical help, I didn't know about the Lies then.

I certainly would not stay in a religion for a minute that had so many demands as the JW religion if I knew for sure it was lieing about doctrine. Especially if I had know that prominent men in the org were molesting children and or covering up that men were doing this.

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

Dazed and Confused

You hit the nail on the head when you said the following:

I remember going into a mode. I remember feeling my eyes glaze over and not hearing what the man said to me. But I do remember thinking while right in front of this man "I am just a salesperson."

I remember doing the same thing, and after I was out and tried to talk to my JW mother I noticed this same glazed over look she got. You don't even notice this usually unless you are on the outside looking in.

Velvetann

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Congregations vary a lot...That did not affect my leaving, I would not allow men to shake a faith in God or a concept of truth , if it were real.

I have had experience of seven congregations in the South and Midlands UK . I served as an elder in four of them. When we were having a problem in one congo, I met a District Overseer that I knew whilst he visited another cong. He listened and asked knowingly, " Do they have the market town mentality?" ...That is a fact. I have found that people in general in small towns tend to be more insular and reserved. Certainly congs. in those locations have been more rule bound and boring, usually dominated by one or two families

The better congs are found in large towns and cities, usually in the poorer end of town. People there tend to be more open and friendly especially if it has a varied ethnic mix.. Elders are often more experienced and tolerant (Well maybe?)

But whatever, the teachings are still false. The rules of The Borg are the same - the important things are the same and it still wastes your life..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit