What kind of a funeral do you want?

by Princess Daisy Boo 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

So all this talk at the moment about funerals and stuff got me thinking... what kind of an exit party would I like?

I reckon I would not want anything too formal, but I would want loads of people saying how great I was - I people to notice that I am no longer around, and be sad about it!

I want people to share good memories.

I want it to be a celebration of my life and who I was.

I want music.

I dont want it to be about resurrection hope or God taking back his angels and stuff.

I dont want to be buried, rather cremated. Scatter my ashes somewhere beautiful. I dont want a grave stone, but maybe a little brass plaque somewhere? There are Botanical Gardens near my home, and quite far into the gardens there is a small dam. Near the dam is hide, to sit and watch birds. I discovered the hide a few years ago there, and I recall sitting in there in semi darkness and solitude and being overcome by such a feeling of peace. I cant really go back there on my own - it is probably not safe, but maybe there?

But ultimately, I guess how people commemorate my exit from the world is not for me to decide. Maybe the ones I leave behind should make that decision?

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

When I die I don't want a big fanfare, not that that would happen anyway.

What I want is a discreet cremation and then having my ashes scattered over a body of water. All Of my life I have been afraid of water and this would be my last hurrah. Water......you cannot get me anymore.

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying." -Woody Allen

• *summer*
    *summer*

Same with me...no big fanfare.

After my donated organs have been taken, I want the body to be cremated.

No religious service.

I want the song "Imagine" to be played.

Then, my ashes scattered in the water.

Only too easy:-)

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I want a huge funeral. Tons of flowers. And if it can arranged, a New Orleans style procession.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=d646s7mknm8&feature=related

momz

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Thanks for posting that Momz... I love that... a beautiful tribute to the life of the deceased!

Oh, yes, if my organs are at all useful, they can have them all!

• llbh
    llbh

I want a funeral that reminds me - i know i am dead - but indulge me, of those who i love and have loved

So i want Lemon Tea - reminds of my wife. We went to Tea shop whilest on our first holiday together and drank this there

Next Daffodils - my oldest son was born when they come out

Ravel http://youtube.com/watch?v=PCDfcWY7ryA I was listening to Ravel whilst my daughter was born

Rabbit - reminds me of youngest Son

On my coffin i want the numbers 1243 3030 for memories sweeter than life

To end i want a toast of Pink Champagne - no cheap stuff cos i know the difference!!

And i go out the door i want this http://youtube.com/watch?v=LGBPSx1Zxlo

That too much i love my life so not too much !!

David

• momzcrazy
  • diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I would be want my remains returned to the earth in the most ecological way possible - that way I am returned to the elements from which I came and part of the eternal process of life, death and rebirth.

Having got the spiritual stuff out the way I would want my funeral to be a celebration of my life where the wearing of black will not be allowed.

Music, dirty beer, and lots of merry making and none of this weeping and wailing bollocks.

In fact it had better be a party that I would sorely regret not being a part of!

Gary /|\

• berylblue
    berylblue

I have it all planned; just need someone to execute.

I want to be cremated and tossed in the ocean; but prior to that, I want a ceremony which is nothing but music. My life in music. No talking, no words. I have carefully selected the songs.

THEN the traditional lunch at a very nice restaurant - I hope everyone gets good and drunk.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit