What kind of a funeral do you want?

by Princess Daisy Boo 40 Replies latest jw friends

• JeffT
    JeffT

My family already has instructions.

I want a viking funeral.

With bagpipes.

(I know - Vikings didn't play bagpipes, but then they didn't do what we think of as Viking funerals either.)

• RR
    RR

I want to be cremated, and my ashes rolled up and have my good friends smoke me

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I would like for immediate family only to be here at home after I am cremated, pour a few drinks and watch a dvd/video I would like

to leave that tells how much I loved them and was happy to be part of their lives. To remember mostly the good times and they

can sneak a couple of not so memorable times in, I guess.

hope4others

• White Dove
    White Dove

After harvesting for organs, my family can do whatever they want with my body. I want everyone to go out and party. Celebrate my life the right way! None of this crying and sadness.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I'm with jefft on this one. A viking cheiftan funeral, flaming longship & everything. That would be so cool. I mean, as long as were fantasizing about it.........

In truth, that type of funeral would be extremely taxing on those that had to organize it, but it would be a cool event. I'd prolly settle for a piper in lieu of my Scottish heritage, or even a funeral pyre would be cool. I DO know that I want to burned. If it could happen outdoors on a huge pile of firewood, fine. I'm not too jazzed on the idea of being stuffed into an oven & baked.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Cremation is not an eco-friendly way to go. I don't want my last act on earth to be one of further environmental destruction. Assuming I don't figure out a way to live forever, I'd like my remains to be buried in an area of outstanding natural beauty and a tree planted over them. The ceremony should, unsurprisingly, be without religious content. Inspirational readings could be given and suitable music played as people celebrated my life and mourned my passing. I want to be buried by my friends and family, not a mere symbolic scattering of earth as is traditional in Christian ceremonies, but everybody grabbing a shovel and "digging in" until my grave is covered. And then a massive party which unfortunately I'll be too dead to enjoy!

• berylblue
    berylblue
    Cremation is not an eco-friendly way to go

So now we have to be politically correct even when we're dead? Plss on the environment.

I forgot - I also want bagpipes. What I'd like to do is have Scotland the Brave played, but with each verse, introduce a new instrument - one from each of my ancestors' ethnic groups. The Scottish bagpipes covers the Scottish-English, then I'll perhaps have Choctaw flute (this may be /difficult - may have to settle for percussion for Native American), mandolin (Italian) and I don't know what the hell to do for the German. Suggestions appreciated.

This may be difficult to do, but I think it would be a charming homage to those who went before me.

• blondie
    blondie

The cheapest possible, cremation. Private by invitation only, no jws.

no urn; just toss me in the flower bed at the KH (hahaha).

Blondie

• frozen one
    frozen one

I want a casket. A really expensive one. A casket so expensive people will say stuff like, "Did you hear what that casket cost? My word! That's just crazy!" And I want to wear a really, really expensive suit so people will say, "What was that Brioni or Kiton? What in the world! He was a t-shirt and jeans guy! This is just nuts!"

I want a church funeral with a choir and organist. And lots of flowers. And a woman minister who speaks about me like I was her best friend with tears in her eyes. She should also make vague references to a Nobel Prize or a Knighthood just to keep things interesting. Speaking of women, I want my pallbearers to be women. Women with questionable reputations. And they should be dressed in short, tight skirts with high heels. The minister should be wearing something similar. When the women carry the casket out to the hearse Norm Greenbaum's "Spirit in the Sky" should be playing really loud. The pallbearers should all be sobbing.

At the cemetary the hearse should pull up to a mausoleum. A mausoleum so over the top people will gasp and say stuff like, "Is that marble? For crying out loud! He lived in a trailer park! This is totally insane!!" After the doors to the mausoleum are closed a keg of Old Milwaukee beer will be tapped with hot dogs for everyone! Then people will say, "Now that's the guy we knew."

• Casper
    Casper

Hubby and I were discussing this a few weeks ago... I lean towards cremation, he wants no part of it. So far we still haven't come to a final decision.

Cas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit