Newbies & Lurkers - Let's Get to Know You - Please Tell Us Your Story

by flipper 44 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Just want to bump this thread up for newbies and others to share their stories , so we can get to know you, and what you've experienced ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• dinah
    dinah

Still waiting for whoknows to tell us more...... Her story is interesting so far and it seems she could use an ear to talk off.

• flipper
    flipper

DINAH - I got a PM from Who Knows and they seem real nice ! I'm going to try and call them in a day or two ! Her husband and her gave a lot of years to the organization - and as I know after being in it 44 years - it wore the hell out of me too ! Freedom is so sweet ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Great Thread here Mr. Flipper!! I think I need to recharge my heart, Whoknows and the rest are really making me tingle. You ever get that chill up your spine? The wts has done that to me lately, with all the new folks wandering in here. I like this place, ya know? Carry on friends.

NMG

• flipper
    flipper

NO MORE GUILT- I know what you mean. I'm getting more of a chill up my spine all the time ! Seeing these people exit the witnesses after having given 50 or more years is incredible ! In a way I'm very happy they have escaped mind control ; but my heart bleeds and aches for them as well , having been in it 44 years myself and seeing and knowing what they went through !

And what really creeps me out is the " witnesses only " Watchtower and Awake they started getting at the first of the year ! My mom is sending me one of both versions - the witnesses version, and the one they place with people in the field ministry. It should be interesting to see the differences ! My mom even asked me why I wanted them- I just told her I'm curious about the differences ! Anyway- I'll keep you posted ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Gawd! I don't know where to start. At the time I was MS and account servant and during that time over the the last couple of years it just seemed so repititious. They spoke another language that I no longer felt comfortable speaking. All the buzz words you know. I seen too many double standards with other R&F as well as elders. Then I started awakening and recognizing the mind control. That's when I began seeing holes in the religion and started doing some investigating and research on my own. COC was a real eye opener!

I was wanting out but was weighing options. My wife and her parents are die hard Dubs. Which was all started by my wife, which is another story I'll tell later. But anyway, after a lot of thought I decided to make my stand, tell my wife and leave to never return. Which I know that some of you have seen and commented on some of my other threads which I really appreciate. The support and advise was much needed. Because since I made my stand my marriage has been rocky and I haven't heard from her parents. But, I can no longer carry on with their beliefs.

So, here I am! Having a cold one and on my favorite site!

I could go a lot deeper but this is a simple synopsis.

Quirky1

• dawg
    dawg

This was one interesting thread!

• smiddy
    smiddy

Reading who knows almost brought a tear to my eyes .

I`m a newbie and not very computer literate so I don`t post often but I love this site.So many many people have sad stories as a result of following the directions of the wts.Their also is some great humour that comes in the comments posted I was in it 33 yrs and made it my life restricting association with relatives by moving interstate and dropping all worldly friends at 19 yrs old.We walked away from it in 1993 (wife,& 2 sons) and found a life in the real truth (the world we live in )One thing you learn from this site is that jehovah`s witnesses CAN`T HANDLE THE TRUTH about their organization.But I`m happy to say that now I have new freinds and re-established contacts with our relatives

smiddy

• dinah
    dinah

Thanks, Flipper. I think you guys would be great friends. You have alot in common.

• flipper
    flipper

QUIRKY 1 - I felt the same way you did before I left the organization for good ! Everything felt so alien to me ! They were so strange ! Like you , I saw double standards with the elders and even experienced injustice at their hand myself ! So how is your relationship going with your wife now that you made your stand ? Is she trying to influence you to get back to meetings, etc. ? It took courage on your part to make a stand towards her parents and her, herself ! Hang in there friend !

DAWG- Yeah ! It has been an interesting thread hasn't it ? How are you bro ! ?

SMIDDY- " Who Knows " experience brought tears to my eyes as well. I'm glad your wife and 2 sons have re-connected with the real world and made friends and a good life for yourselves ! Good luck !

DINAH- Yeah, I think the " Who Knows " folks would be great friends ! I talked with them tonight for about an hour and had a nice chat ! I found them to be really sweet, nice people . We will definitely keep in touch ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit