New " Witness Only " Watchtower - Even More Controlling - Check this Out

by flipper 41 Replies latest jw friends

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

flipper...

no doubt! I have gotten a couple paper copies of the Kool-Aid edition and a PDF of another...more of the same drivel...just in concentrated form (just like Kool-Aid!) I think the beatings will commence forthwith....

sac:

We need those uneducated JWs to run our fast food restaurants, gas stations, grocery stores and various public services.

oh...I thought the illegal immigrants were taking those jobs....my bad...

SnakesInTheTower (of the "glad not to be forced to read and/or believe that drivel anymore" Sheep Class)

• restrangled
    restrangled
    " If any statements come to our ears that are critical of the truth or that cast aspersions on the congregation, the elders, or any of our brothers ( pedophiles included ? ), we do not accept them at face value. Rather we ask: " Is the one spreading this story acting in harmony with what the Bible says ? Do these stories or allegations further Jehovah's purpose ? Do they promote the peace of the congregation ?

Since JW's are supposedly harbengers of the "Truth", I find it ironic that if the "Truth" exposes lies and pedophiles, it can be ignored if it does not come from their own mouths. Doesn't "truth" from what ever source, further Jehovah's purpose and promote peace in the congregations?

Truth is Truth.

Just my take,

r.

• besty
    besty

Always imagine you are reading these articles having being baptized within the last 10 years, 'cos statistically that will be about right.

Membership replacement is a cults best friend, so long as they can keep ahead of the curve and gain more than they lose it means they always have a reasonably fresh and impressionable bunch of dimwits to talk down to.

• BFD
    BFD

Flipper, that rag isn't even worthy for the bottom of a bird cage. Burn that shit and be careful not to inhale any of the smoke. I have not read such drivel in years.

BFD

• Priest73
    Priest73

funny you mention that BFD... even when I was in, I used unused mags in my birdcage. seriously.

• LayingLow
    LayingLow

I remember the last several years finding the message in the WT more controlling. I remember trying to read the scriptures and then guess what the paragraph is about (that way I could objectively check whether what they were saying was proven by the scripture). It kept getting worse and worse. I would think that all this cult like talk would get some of their new recruits thinking. I know it made my stomach turn.

I know that JW's are more Rutherfordish than Russellitish but that really sealed the deal.
    Russell said that you could learn the truth from Satan. (He didn't say it that explicitly but he basically said that even Satan tells the truth sometimes and that it doesn't matter who is saying what. What matters is whether what they are saying is true.) How things have changed...

• flipper
    flipper

Wow ! Thanks for all your replies ! Really good replies by all - might add ! I'll reply individually !

R. CRUSOE- Yes, I agree with you. The WTS switches off all the intellectual capability of their members !

OOMPA- You wiped with the Watchtower ? LOL ! I think when I'm done with it , I'll use it as kindling for starting a fire in our woodstove . Wait a minute - I'm already trying to start a fire with it - figuratively anyway ! The witnesses do not allow any critique of themselves, true !

OTWO- I too feel the control over JW members is only going to get worse the more desperate the Watchtower Society becomes. If more negative stuff comes out in the media they will really clamp the lid down on rank and file members ! But it is going to make some members disgruntled - thus they'll leave !

SACOLTON- I'd be afraid to be served in a restaurant by a witness - they might poison me !

ROBERT 7- I'm glad you got out and started thinking on your own ! I agree with you - the society in time may piss off enough people with their controlling ways where more and more people won't put up with it !

KEYSER SOZE - Yes, the Watchtower society definitely wants to keep their members under " information control " ! They don't want them learning the real " truth " about the truth.

CALIBER - I agree. The WT literature constantly twists definitions to suit their own " purpose " or " goals ". We have to look outside the Watchtower because they aren't even being honest with definitions of words !

ICING HEART- Very true. You would think the Watchtower organization would tell members first to ask , " If this is true ? " about any statements about the organization. But the Watchtower society wants to be right and have control - not be honest and true !

TOO BAD, TOO SAD - Yeah, the witnesses just look at any pressure on them from the outside as persecution from Satan - and that is even if the information is true that is presented to them ! I agree with you - glad I'm out too ! And I count my blessings !

HOPE 4 OTHERS- I agree there is no way the witnesses can keep a lid on negative comments . There are too many holes in their ship right now ! The new members only Watchtower is super controlling .

VM 44- More like " Halloween " is the Watchtower cult , aren't they ? They creep me the hell out !

NO MORE GUILT- In my humble opinion - I think the Jehovah's Witnesses tampon isn't only near the end - it is pretty well used up and ready to be thrown away !

CHICKPEA- I agree. It's the Watchtower society propaganda that will really hurt people .

Galileo - You are right- to us it matters whether the information is true or not - but to the Watchtower society it doesn't matter if it's true. If it's information against them - they will discredit the information.

VOIDEATER - Exactly .Disharmony is good when it rights the wrongs. Try telling that to the WTS !

QUIRKY 1 - I agree exactly ! Good point ! That's why the Watchtower society prints the separate " witness only " Watchtower to control members with more aggressive " cult speak " - and decoy new people in the field ministry on the outside with a " lighter " version of the witnesses beliefs . Sick.

MISS PEACHES- The covers do look cultish don't they ? All the study articles plastered on the front of the magazine Jeez. Yeah, the glass of wine really helped .

HORTENSIA- The witnesses certainly don't allow any criticsm as you said to keep the " harmony "of the congregation. If they only knew what everyone was saying under their breath though !

HUBERT- Yeah. I say work to the witnesses ! If it frees us up to celebrate Christmas with our family , more power to it !

SNAKES- I really think the WTS will in time make these people commit to doing something physically harmful to themselves . It may not be Kool-aid as you said, but stranger things have happened .

RESTRANGELED - Nice to hear from you sis ! The Watchtower is great at listening to their version of the " truth " . But if real truth is brought out to them ( about pedophiles for instance )they won't accept it from an outside source. Truth is truth ; you are right ! But the Watchtower has their own perverted sense of truth.

BESTY- I'm sure the WTS is banking on losing 66 % over the next 10 years or so and constantly replacing
    them with new members - so it's an ever changing circus act of characters to replace ! LOL!

BFD- I'm not looking at the info to learn from it - just diss it enough to explain how twisted it is to others.

PRIEST 73 - Maybe I can use the Watchtower for my cat litter box after I'm done with it ! LOL! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• worf
    worf

Mr. Flipper,

I also usually can't even bring myself read those shittowers anymore. The only time I open one is when I catch some of the drones doing streetwork, and I challenge them that I can find statements that go directly against the bible in their magazines. And I always find something.

But just reading what you posted from the latest shittower made me really angry.

It is absolutely amazing how even at this late date of 2008, after all that has happened, how they can still listen to that crap and not see how they are being manipulated.

My answers to your questions are yes.

And here is something that probably not one of those drones will think about as they read that false definition of covetousness in their shittower :"Covetousness is a strong desire for something (We Do Not Possess)." Per mama borg.

Well if thats the case then all jws are full of covetousness, because they profess a "strong desire" for the so-called "new world", something they do not possess. Covetousness. According to their false definition.

Worf

• JK666
    JK666

SSDD:

JK

• JK666
    JK666

Same stuff, different day.

JK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest