What have you done to heal yourselves from the borg & lead a content life?

by cognac 41 Replies latest jw friends

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Invest in Myself.

• cognac
    cognac

Oompa ~

Holy crap. Wow...

I'm so sorry... I don't even know what to say to that... It's really sad... Bet everyone here just wants to hold you right now until the pain goes away...

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

What have I done? Basically I have been batling with leaving or staying for years now. Once I decided to leave I just started to display a don't give a shit attitude. I began to throw elders out of my house if they got too pushy, and to grow out my beard. As I am healing during my fade, I do the same thing. I dread running into jw's at the store. Not for the sake of a confrontation, but for the fear that I may go off on one and do some physical harm. When the opportunitis come by and some jw approaches me in a nice way I am nice and sarcastic! LOL

It is healing to me to not be a hypocrite and call others on their hypocrisy.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Since leaving on 2/24, I am still in the process of healing. I have many bridges to cross yet.

Eyes Wide Open

Quirky1

• RR
    RR
    What have you done to heal yourselves from the borg & lead a content life?

I sit at the feet of minimus, hanging on every word he utters.

• chickpea
    chickpea

what was determined in my heart was to continue to be a mother to very wounded children ( sexu@lly @bused) and remove the influence of the persistent judgmental droning of the b0rg regarding the working out of their turmoil.... for me the choice had come down to serving the WTS or serving my desperately hurting children

i have, since that determination, worked with adult survivors, traveled overseas to offer IRL assistance, help relocate and support a young adult who was in current jeopardy, invested in micro-loans programs to fund threshold enterprises for women in developing countries, voted, volunteered time, money and resources in service organizations......

i have taken courses both online and classroom, laying and expanding the foundation of a business plan to launch a storefront

life is good, or at least good enough and it is empowering to render realistic help while i can

• avishai
    avishai

What chickpea said. Helping others is a great way to heal.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

become as 'worldly' as possible. Which actually meant just letting me be myself instead of what they wanted.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

If my hands are still wet after using a towel, I close my eyes, take a deep breatth, and take another.

Rub a Dub

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Education. Formal and informal. Read. Everything. And read some more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit