What have you done to heal yourselves from the borg & lead a content life?

by cognac 41 Replies latest jw friends

• searchingforfriends
    searchingforfriends

Hi, I'm new here. I'm pretty new to all of this and I'm hoping to start healing by making new friends. Also I feel that the more I learn about the org the more validated I feel in the choices that I have made. I am inactive and am already having some parental issues as a result and unfortunatly I feel it will get much worse with them. I look forward to meeting all of you and have enjoyed browsing the threads here over the past few weeks.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Say EXTREMELY blasphemous things and realize that NOTHING HAPPENS!

Get freaky with sex and do things that the bible condemns and realize those were just boneheaded shepherds who were probably banging the sheep so who the f$ck cares what they said or think or wrote in their book!

Go to a gay bar (and don't worry who sees you!) No I'm not gay but it IS liberating!

Do whatever you want whenever you want and feel no shame because your and adult and it's your life!

Do Vegas... LOTS!

• mind my own
    mind my own

Well ever since I left, I have tried to surround myself with positive people who are real friends. They like me b/c we get along or have something in common, not b/c we are of the same faith and have to be friends.

I have also been in a lot of therapy trying to deal with things. I have been going on and off for years. It has really helped.

This site and those on it have been wonderfully supportive, and I visit almost daily. At this point I don't think I could be without it.

Thanks to all of you!

MMO

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

It took me a whole 3 months to go from being a dub to visiting another church, comittee case, another 3 months, comitte case & then disfellowshipped.

In those 6 months I expressed my disatisfaction with the troof, I spoke to anyone that would listen (actually I couldn't stop) Found this forum, helped my mother see the troof for all the lies, got angry and now have left them far behind. Don't hate them, don't love them, I feel pity and that is about it. I am living my best life now - am very happy and content with life, my beliefs.

• real one
    real one

I was a christian before i joined so i went back to the real Jesus and asked for forgiveness and asked for faith and the Holy Spirit. Started reading a new Bible and got my relationship back with God. Joined a couple of churches, well I go to the second one and will visit others, made new friends. People who are very spiritual. Learned that i can do nothing in my own strength. I need Jesus to help me in every aspect of my existence. I dont have self-esteem i have Jesus esteem! I have joined 2 different ministries so far and am interested in doing more. The sky is the limit and beyond. God is involved in my future so there is no telling where he will put me.

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

I left because I was in a relationship, then I started playing in a very busy blues band, then I started getting more in touch with my "worldly family" and my DF'd mom. Last summer I started reading "Crisis of Conscience", that was eye opening. Eventually, I dropped the chick I was with as I realized she had "served her purpose", she taught me how to be in a relationship again, after the Borg had screwed with my head. Then I started dating the woman of my dreams, and we're inseperable, she truly makes me want to be a better man. Constantly it feels like I'm dreaming that I'm with her, and life is going this well for me, because for years, life kinda sucked for me. I also started attending other churches, smoking cigars occasionally, and just living life, how I want to do it.

I was constantly stifled because of old men and their opinions. I was tired of not being able to live life for myself, and not being able to be in touch with what I wanted. So I spent a lot of time thinking and realized that the Borg lifestyle just wasn't for me, too much of it always seemed like a bunch of crap. But I didn't get to just "leave", I got DF'd for fornication. But hey, at least I don't have to play games with Dubs, or worry about people "seeing" me. I just do what I want, and live my life how I feel is best for me.

My Dub family still shuns me, except my father and my aunt, they still care, and they talk to me alot. I stopped at my aunt's place the other day, it was nice to see her.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Found faith, made wordly friends, enjoy my free time, helped my wife leave. Too busy with baby to worry.

I've been out for a year now. In an advanced fade now.

Working at planting doubts in family members. The best way to do this is to help them in their needs and waiting for an opportunity.

Burn

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Welcome to the board "Searchingforfreinds"!

You will find some here.

Quirky1

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Realise that even when out of JW life, many folks still view you through religions chains and few are those genuinely having any interest in anything about ones soul and future!

Whatever gem lies in ones heart is readily sullied or criticised by most of humanity!

Expect nothing and desire even less is where most people would love you to be!

The lesson:

It is worth knowing what meets you before you step into it!

• avishai
    avishai

Burn, ain't babies great? It's also so fun to know that your kid will never have to go through that crap..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit